Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Can You Believe Our Luck

Go ahead, report me to CPS now. Tonite we had to take Wade in to get 5 staples in the back of his head. Around 5:30pm I was cleaning up dinner, Spencer was at work, and the boys were on their own to entertain themselves. Which means total chaos. They were having races running around the house. I heard "On your mark, get set, GO!" followed immediately by a very LOUD thud. Then Wade started crying and Chase started apologizing. I ran in to find Wade with blood already dripping down his back. I could see a little of the cut through his long hair and I knew he needed stitches (I've become a pro at spotting this). I yelled to Chase and Gavin to get me a wash cloth and the phone. They knew by my tone it was serious and they scrambled. I tried to call Spencer and he didn't answer so I called my mom and she and my dad came over right away. I finally got ahold of Spencer and he came right home too. By then Wade had calmed down and I was able to assess the cut better. I clipped his hair away from the cut so it wouldn't stick to it. By the time we took him in he was already trying to climb things again. Then came the time that we had to pin him down so they could give him shots to numb the cut for the staples. That just broke my heart. He cried pretty hard and there was nothing I could do. They put the staples in, wrapped it, and sent us on our way. The whole thing was an accident really, I think he got bumped by Chase and hit the corner of the wall. But within 5 minutes of the accident Chase was in at the table writing a 'sorry note'. Seriously, how much more of this do I have to go through?


He was in good spirits before they gave him shots.

The staples






I had to rewrap it, the job they did was falling off



The sorry note



12 comments:

wenselgang said...

Hey, I just left you a comment. I think we're on at the same time! What a brave kid - what a brave mom! I remember my mom fainting in the hall of the doctors office when I got stitches.

Holly and Brad said...

Yikes!! Is this what's in store for me with my boys? I'm starting to get a little scared ;)

You are so brave! It looks like Wade was still in pretty good spirits even after getting the staples.

That letter Chase wrote was soo cute! What a good big brother!

Michele said...

Sorry, but when I heard the reason you missed YW last night I started to laugh. If you teach the boys to sew they can just stitch themselves up from now on! You should earn frequent flyer miles at the ER! I hope #4 is sweet AND calm (not likely, but who knows?).
Eat some ice cream and take a good long nap as soon as you can. :)
Love, Michele

Amy said...

I have to agree with Michele...you COULD save a lot of money if one of you learned to sew (or staple)..I will say you are a HECK of a prepper for stitches though. You almost need to start an injury journal so you can really see all the trips to the ER...you might get to the point that you can predict who is going to be up for a "hit" next.

I do like the headwrap that the ER did with the hair sticking out the top...yours is definitely better..how long are you supposed to keep that bad boy on??

Good luck. Maybe the Lord knew that you just need good strong warriors in your house...a girl might die.

Anne Marie said...

Poor guy! I hope he's doing better today. What a good big brother Chase is. Such a sweet thing to do!

all that i love said...

Something similar happened at my house and the worst part was that it wasn't even my child who got hurt. The kids were running around the house and this little boy tripped and split his forehead open. Of couse there was a lot of blood since it was his forehead and he had to have stitches. I felt so bad.

The note was very cute! Although it seams like there is an accident in your house daily, your boys are very sweet.

Meghan said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Poor thing! Does the ER staff know you?

byers babes said...

I am so sorry for your baby. Hate it when bad stuff happens. I can't believe you took a picture of it. Love the cheetah clips, btw. Hope he's okay and that your wall didn't get too dented. :)

Angela said...

I thought I would have a lot more visits to the ER with Zeth than I did. Abby is the only one that has had stitches here. Abby and Jared were throwing legos up in the air in his room and he threw a shoe...well it hit the light fixture and shattered it...it could have been a lot worse than a few stitches in her finger because all that glass came falling down on top of their heads...a little scary for the moms!

Michelle said...

You've got to be kidding me. That's all I can say. Still no stitches or broken bones over here, thank goodness!

Matt and Amie said...

Wow! Im not sure if Im ready for Josh to grow up and start getting hurt. I dont think Kaylee has ever been cut once. The difference between boys and girls! :) You are a strong Mom Emily!

TimAprilA said...

Wow... I honestly dont think I could handle it... lol.. of course Tim would be...you are ONE STRONG MOM... but look at how many Boys you grew up with too... hang in there you have one more coming!!! :)