17 years ago
Saturday, March 21, 2009
"When it rains, it pours!"
This is what my sister-in-law said to me when I told her what we have been going through. As if a cesarean isn't hard enough to recover from, we have had some serious issues around here. When we got home from the hospital we realized I had a serious reaction to the tape they used to cover my incision and I was covered in blisters across both hips. The boys have all been sick with colds and we are currently fighting bad eye infections with the 3 boys which has been tricky because they just want to love on Ezra. Also, last Sunday I broke out in a severe case of hives. I was trying to figure out if I had eaten or used something different but couldn't think of anything. When I woke up Monday morning my eyes were nearly swollen shut and my hands were so swollen that they burned. We finally went in to the Emergency Room Tuesday morning at 2am because I couldn't sleep with the burning in my hands. They gave me a shot and some Benadryl and after a few days I am finally hive free. My sister-in-law, Amy, said she had a friend who had a c-section, reacted to the tape in a similar way, and then broke out in hives from it. So I'm assuming that was the reason for my hives. Anyway, pity party aside, this is why I have gotten behind on my posts. We have appreciated all the help with the kids, dinners, and offers to help that we've received. It all helped so much! Hopefully things will get back to 'normal' soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hey, Emily! CONGRATULATIONS!! Ezra is beautiful. You and Spence do good work. :) I'm so sorry it's been "raining" at your house-with colds to boot-I don't think that's fair! Hang in there. I'm thinking of you.
Wow, you guys have really been through a lot. In a few years you will probably look back and just laugh. Luckily there is something great that has come out of all these bumps in the road... a BEAUTIFUL baby! I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Your family has definitely had their fare share of trials for the year. You are very lucky to have so many great friends and family near to help out.
I should have called you last week to see if you needed any help...but my kids have been sick too! It's' going around, Aubrey had a high fever for 6 days straight! Hope you're feeling better, call me if you need anything at all!
Post a Comment