Saturday, May 9, 2009

Father and Sons Campout 2009

Well, we all survived the Father and Sons campout this weekend. I survived my mental issues and spending the night alone (well, with Ezra), Spencer survived being a single parent, and the boys came back in one piece. The boys had an absolute blast and everytime I called (yes I called frequently) Spencer was chasing after them! The boys called me before they went to bed and Wade teared up telling me to come there and "Why are you lost at home?" Nice to know I was missed. The most favorite activity of the weekend? FISHING!



Another activity the boys really enjoyed was making these bow-and-arrows...


After making the bow-and-arrows they pretended to be Indians and went off to shoot some bears (cones). When they shot a bear they all made Indian noises. Then they hunted for gold (gold spray painted rocks) that they could turn in to the Gold Miner for a prize (a bag of candy).


After a fun weekend of camping, this is how Spencer brought them back to me. I'd say they had a good time...



Look at the dirt dripping down Gavin's arm.

I don't think that shirt had orange on it when I packed it...


I had a great time with the girls that night though. We went to dinner and then a movie (and I forgot my camera). My date for the evening...

5 comments:

all that i love said...

The picture with Gavin and the seat belt is hilarious and it is a given that boys will be boys. They came back filthy, but in one piece. By all the dirt, it looks like they had a great time.

Michelle said...

I don't know why these pictures had me laughing so hard, but I almost peed my pants. First it was the seatbelt smashing Gavin's face, then it was the dirt caked on Wade's cheeks, then I was bustin up at the dripping dirt on Gavin's arm, and then I almost busted a gut at how tore up Chase looked! hahaha Thanks for the good laugh, burned some calories on that one. :)

Amy said...

I have decided that the times Dave has taken Jared camping Jared actually has more fun than when I am there. We don't let them bathe in dirt, eat dirt, never wash their hands, never brush their teeth, wear dirty clothes for repeat days, pee in the wide open toilet that is the world...it is good to be a boy. It looks like they had a BLAST! We are grooving on the bow and arrows...we want to make some too!

Congrats on surviving yourself. You probably didn't know what to do with all of that quiet. I also find it hard to respond to "Amy" instead of "mom, mom, mom".

Angela said...

Just thinking when Ezra gets old enough to go, you are going to LOVE Father and Sons!!!! One of many reasons to only have boys! I think that the boys have a great time with their dads just because the dads aren't worried about dirty and grim like us moms!

We are getting excited about you guys coming up in the summer. We have a great time up at the Lake. It should be a pretty relaxing week!

Glad you enjoyed the pictures and videos...and no Kyler doesn't help with the laundry...but I am thinking that I need to teach him.

Aileen Bluhm said...

I'm so glad everyone survived (especially you)! Looks like the Spence and the boys had a blast!