Monday, December 14, 2009

SUSHI... LOVER or HATER?


I've come to accept the fact that I am NOT 'cool and hip', as far as the whole sushi thing goes.
I'm a pretty good sport about trying new things.
Sushi was no exception.
I've tried it once before and was NOT a fan.
As for my family, we are split down the middle.
Half like sushi. Half don't.
Spencer and I were on the 'don't' half.
BUT,
we like to get together as couples and have a good laugh so,
sushi it was.
We let the ones that liked sushi do all of the ordering.
I have to admit, I'm still not in love with the stuff,
but I'm not a complete hater either.

half the group...

the other half...

my plate (I tried lots more)

Some of the sushi lovers were eating just straight raw fish. Yuck.

BUT, Spencer and I tried it.

Spencer going in for the kill...Notice the sushi lovers laughing and mocking in the background...
We were NOT fans.
My brother Dean (not a sushi lover)
I guess that didn't sit well. (okay, so this was staged)

THE HAPPY COUPLES:

Spencer and Emily

Ivan and Anne Marie
Lance and Heather
Kristena and Nathan
Dad and Mom
Grandma came too
Aileen and Brandon
Dean and Renee
So, we hired our first real babysitter for the night (not counting my mom or my brothers).

That was a BIG step for me.

However, I'm not ready to leave this guy with a sitter just yet.

So he was our little stowaway.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

That night was sooooo fun! I'm still not a sushi fan. I don't think I'll ever have the guts to try it again. Glad you liked it thought!

P.S. When you get a chance, would you mind emailing some of those pictures to me? For some reason I can't get the pictures off your blog to show up anywhere on my computer. Thanks!