16 years ago
Thursday, January 31, 2008
This Old House
We bought the home we are in a little over a year ago. We had outgrown our other home and needed more space for the boys and Spencer's business. An elderly lady had lived in this home for about 35 years, so the home is quite outdated. We have pink mini-blinds in our Living Room, off-white carpet throughout the house including the dining room (which doesn't go well with 3 boys), our kitchen is light blue with dark blue trim (even the cupboards), flowery wall paper in one of the bedrooms, and the best feature.... the master bedroom is hot pink... walls and ceiling! Structurly the home is great, but with my husband being a finished carpenter it doesn't cut it. Plus hot pink and flowers are not exactly my taste. We had completely remodeled our other home (which had been a rental and was thrashed) and it came out beautiful. We did live in that home with a kitchen that was walls, cement, a fridge, and a toaster oven on the floor for a year. So I know we are in this for the long hall. My husband's garage had to be the first thing built when we moved in, for the business. We decided to start with Chase's room next. He loves pirates and wanted a pirate room. We finally finished it just after Christmas and I am happy with how it came out. I am not done decorating it though, I need a ship wheel for the wall and a few other things. I also need a comforter but I am so picky with comforters so I have not found one yet. Spencer did a beautiful job on the woodwork (I am so lucky!). Our next project? The home is 5 bedrooms but we are going to knock out the wall between the master and another bedroom to make a larger master suite. Woo Hoo! Join us on this adventure (which I hope is a quick one!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Wow. That looks great. We bought an old house and have been fixing it up too.
Chase you are so lucky...I can't wait to come down to California and see your new room in person...Are you going to let me sleep in your room again? I sure hope so...I can hardly wait to watch your pirate ship TV...I miss all of you guys so very much...Love Grandma Utah
It turned out SO good!! You need to post pictures of the front of your house so that we can see it. The yard through Chase's bedroom looks a little bit bigger than your previous house. I can't wait to see what else Spencer has up his sleeve for the rest of the house. So...where are you guys sleeping during the master suite transformation? Scoot over boys...here is mom and dad!!
Post a Comment