Friday, February 29, 2008

Chase's Tae Kwon Do Belt Test

Tonite Chase had his Tae Kwon Do belt advancement test. He is currently a Sr. Brown belt and he tested for his Red belt. He has been doing Tae Kwon Do for 2 years and really enjoys it. We originally signed him up so he would exert some of his energy on someone other than his younger brothers, and also to help with discipline. His teacher, Master Song, is wonderful! For his belt test he had to demonstrate correct kicking and punching form, answer a question from a sheet we had to memorize (he got it right!), demonstrate the current belt routine, show defense techniques 1-10, and finally break a board. Because Chase is a Senior belt he actually had to break 2 boards, one with a fist hand and one with a knife hand. He broke both boards on the first try. We are so proud of him. He will receive his new belt in a small ceremony in a week. Congratulations Chase!

3 comments:

Brookie said...

Goooo CHASE!!! Wooo! :D

Oh ya and that guy I was talking about,... ya well I liked him, and he ended up getting back with his ex... I'm over it now, I was really sad for like a day! haha! Now its just whatever. I'm fine by myself, have been most of my life! :P! hahaha

Hemphill Family said...

That's awesome Chase. Good job. I wish I could break a board with my hand. You must be tough!

Amy said...

WAY TO GO CHASE!! Are you SURE Gav fell off his bike??