Friday, May 9, 2008

The Sweetest Mother's Day Tea Party

My invitation

Chase and I with the Mother's Day ceramic hand print.

Thank you Chase!

Chase with the picture he drew of me...

My good friend Tammy and I. Her twin daughters are in Chase's class.

With Mrs. Gotschall... the best kindergarten teacher ever!

This afternoon, Chase's teacher and all the class put together a Mother's Day Tea for all the moms in the class. It was all a surprise, what they were going to do. I ofcourse tried to get Chase to sing me some of the songs a few days ago but he kept it a secret. The kids served us cookies, cupcakes, and lemonade as we opened the gift they had made for us, a ceramic handprint... so cute! They also wrote us a letter. Here is what Chase's letter said (exactly as he spelled it), "Dear Mom, I love my mom . I love my mom becuz she givs me a bath. I like to trn (turn) off the tv for her. Love Chase". He also filled out a paper of some information about me that the teacher needed to keep for their journal. I just remember one part where he had to fill in the blank after 'When my mom is happy she...' he wrote 'woch tv', yes, that's right 'watch tv'. Isn't it great the secrets your kids tell. They sang a few songs and then each child told why they love their mom. Chase said he loves me because we build sandcastles together. In all honesty, the last time we built sandcasltes together Chase was probably 3 years old. But who cares, it made me look like a really good mom. The kids had drawn pictures of their moms and they were lined up on the chalkboard and we had to pick out which one we thought our child had drawn. On the back of the picture were some statistics the teacher asked them about us and wrote down. Here are my stats according to Chase:
Name: Emily
Weight: 20lbs.
Height: 10 feet
Fav. color: pink
Fav. food: chicken
Fav. sport: supercross
Hobbies: read books (the only books I read are children's)
She likes to: take a bath

5 comments:

Holly and Brad said...

Okay, you're right...boys are way better! That melted my heart. I love reading what your little boys have to say. I love how it really comes straight from thier heart. I thought the "woching tv" part was pretty funny. Geez Emily, I can't believe you watch TV...just kidding. Chase still takes 2 2-hour naps which means I am on the couch for at least that long watching some show. (I get my other work done; I promise.)

Well I agree with your kiddos, you are a great Mom. They obviously think very highly of you, as they should, you're awesome!

P.S. I bet Chase gets all the girls in his class. What a stud!

Ashley Christensen said...

That's so cute Emily! I hope Spencer told you that I called today to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. I hope you had a great day and that you enjoyed spending time with your family! Love ya!

Jessica said...

So I heard you guys were reading our blogs so I thought I would check yours out aswell. Your boys are darling and so sweet too. I can't wait my girls to be old enough to hopefully write such sweet things to me. Your family is darling and Emily I am glad you were able to see Wicked, isn't it awesome.

Hemphill Family said...

That is sooo sweet. You're a super mom.
I saw Aileen last week. But you probably already know that since she's there. I hope we can see you this summer.

Angela said...

What a fun day...I am sure glad that you didn't miss it. Those are the moments in life that you can't get back. We sure missed hanging out with you though, but Thursday night and Wicked was a blast, I am so glad that you were able to come down and hang out out us. We talked about doing something every other year...are you game? Keep in touch, you do a great job with your blog and it is fun to see the boys!