I can't believe how quickly 2 years have gone by since the birth of our 3rd sweet baby boy. Wade's birth was the closest to normal of the 3. Since he was a repeat C-section we had a scheduled birth to look forward to again. He was due around the 11th of June and typically they take the babies a week early. That would have put us around the 6th. We didn't think having a 6/6/06 baby would be good idea and we really wanted a weekend baby so after getting the okay from my mom and Kira we scheduled the birth for June 2nd. I actually made it to my scheduled date so we headed off to the hospital early that morning, leaving the other 2 boys with my sister Aileen. My mom came with us to the hospital. I remember I was very nervous and excited. We got all checked in and they got Spencer and I in our 'surgery gear'. Everything went well with the surgery and soon we heard our new little baby's cry. I think that's the best part for me. I can't see the baby, but just hearing that first cry does it for me every time. This was actually the first time they let Spencer cut the cord (it was already cut, he just shortened it). He was really excited to do that. They wrapped him up and Spencer brought him over to me. I kissed his little head and I asked Spencer to lift up his beanie so I could see his hair (I always do this). What? Red hair? Is this really my baby? We don't have any red on either side. The whole time we were in the hospital the nurses called him the 'golden child' because his hair was gold. Our little Wade has been the life of the party ever since. He is such a sweet boy with a personality to match his curly golden hair. I thought that after having 2 boys I wanted a girl. This quote sums it up... 'Just because it's not what you were expecting, doesn't mean it's not everything you've been waiting for...' I am so glad we were blessed to have 3 boys. Wade Spencer Nelson... June 2, 2006... 7lbs. 11oz. ... 1:03pm. We love Wade so much, he is definitely everything we've been waiting for. Happy 2nd Birthday Wade!




4 comments:
Thanks for sharing the pics. I don't think I ever saw those. It's fun to remember things like that. I hope he had a fun birthday
We are sorry we don't get to see the boys on their birthdays. It looks like it was fun. I loved the birth story though.
That's so sweet, every child definately comes with their own sweet spirit that is irreplaceable!
They truely are wonderful and little Wade he is so cute!!
Happy Birthday Wade!!
Post a Comment