Thursday, August 7, 2008

And the Award Goes to...


A couple weeks ago we went to Chase's swim banquet. The kids all got to swim in the pool and we had a potluck dinner. Then they had the awards ceremony. All the kids on the team got a nice trophy and Chase was really excited about that. We thought that would be the end of it so we started to migrate away from the crowd so the kids could play, Chase stayed to watch the awards. They started announcing about the coach's award and we were busy playing. Then all of a sudden we hear them announce Chase's name. He was being given the coach's award. So we ran over to see him standing up front so proudly with his plaque. They said that they gave Chase the coach's award because he worked hard all year, he was always there, he was willing to swim whatever they threw at him, and he would demonstrate for the coaches at practices. We are so proud of him for being such a hard worker.

Chase with his coach and his coach's award

Chase and his friend Jesse

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Congratulations, Chase!!!

Grandma Martin said...

Chase...I am so proud of you...Next summer I hope to be able to see one of your meets...I have been watching the Olympics today and was think that one day I bet I see you swimming on the USA Team...I love you and miss you all so very much...Love Grandma Utah

David said...

Way to go Chase. That is Awesome.

Angela said...

Chase...you are a stud!!! That is awesome that you were sooo good that your coach gave you a special award. That is really neat, keep swimming so that you can get really fast!