Thursday, August 7, 2008

Where Were We During the Earthquake???


I know the earthquake is in the past, but we happened to be at Knott's Berry Farm during the earthquake. Thank goodness my mom was there with me. We weren't on a ride but unfortunately we were next in line for the first ride of the day when it hit and then they closed all the rides in the park for like 2 hours. Usually I will wake up out of a dead sleep for the smallest earthquakes and run for my kids, but this one was so crazy. The earth started moving and everyone just looked around for awhile trying to figure out if a roller coaster was moving us. I looked down and realized we were standing on cement, not a bridge, and the ground was moving. Then I looked up and realized the big wood sign next to us was swaying, a lot! After that I realized it was an earthquake and grabbed the boys and ran towards my stroller. Then it ended. No one's phone was getting service but Spencer finally got ahold of me to check on us. Scary stuff. The boys were just bummed that we had to get out of line for the ride. After all of that nonsense was over, we enjoyed our day at Knott's.

We love Snoopy

My mom and the boys

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you were okay during the earthquake. I would have had images of rides falling on top of me.

Meghan said...

HaHa! I was at Disneyland with my kids when the earthquake hit! I was glad my mom was with me too! We finally went home after waiting 2 and a half hours for the rides to open!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a scary place to be. I was just at work(in Riverside) and it really really scared me. I can't even imagine if I had been there.

Holly and Brad said...

Scary!! I really hope there's not an earthquake when we are there...that'd be enough to send me into early labor for sure!

Oh and I wanted to make sure it was still okay that Brad and I come over on Monday to (of course, say hello and let the boys play) but also to pick up the pack and play. Would you mind emailing me your # so I can call you when we want to head over? Our flight gets in at 9:45 am so I am guessing we would come by in the afternoon. I have no idea who is picking us up or if we can borrow a car to come over there, so plans are still a little sketchy...so I will just call ya :)

Thanks Emily!

hollylauritzen@swbell.net

Amy said...

I am starting to think that KBF is not the place to go. Remember the luck we had when WE tried to go there?? It is jinxed!!

Hemphill Family said...

We were far away. I'm glad that we don't have any here. I just ignore that there is a huge fault that runs through here. I'm glad you didn't get hurt.