Almost every night after dinner we go for a family walk around the block and the boys ride their scooters. When we get back there is usually enough light for the boys to ride bikes and scooters on the driveway for a while. A few nights ago Spencer and I were sitting in the driveway after our walk watching the boys ride around. Wade was riding his little 2-wheeler bike that has training wheels on it. He does pretty good at it so I told Spencer, "Let's take his training wheels off." To which Spencer replied, "Ya right, he's way too little." But I insisted we take them off. So Spencer took the training wheels off Wade's bike and Wade got on. Spencer gave him a little push and off he went. I have to admit, even though it was my idea I was pretty surprised that he could actually ride it. He's still a little unsteady but every day he gets a little better. Chase and Gavin both learned to ride a 2-wheeler bike at 3 years old, but Wade definitely holds the record at 2 years old. Go Wade!
That is awesome that Wade is on his way to keeping up with his older brothers. Parker doesn't have many opportunities to ride his bike since it rains so much here and still has training wheels. Ooops! We told him that next summer he definitely has to let the training wheels go. We will see how it goes.
I will have to agree with Amy about the binky...that is sooo funny. Those Nelson boys...you know that Rayce was only 2 when he was riding his two wheeler and look at him now on those racing bikes!!!
We are the Nelson Family. We have 4 little boys... Chase 10, Gavin 8, Wade 6, and Ezra 3. We have a crazy household, to be expected with 4 boys! We love to be out on the boat, waterskiing, wakeboarding, riding bikes, and just finding new and creative ways to keep the boys busy!
7 comments:
BMX here he comes! That is awesome!!
I'll say it again, that's so crazy! Go Wade!
Okay - So when are we going to get together?
That is awesome that Wade is on his way to keeping up with his older brothers. Parker doesn't have many opportunities to ride his bike since it rains so much here and still has training wheels. Ooops! We told him that next summer he definitely has to let the training wheels go. We will see how it goes.
Not too surprising..I did think it is especially funny because not too many kids run out to their 2 wheeler bike with their binky in their mouths!!
Wow. That's awesome. Way to go Wade.
I will have to agree with Amy about the binky...that is sooo funny. Those Nelson boys...you know that Rayce was only 2 when he was riding his two wheeler and look at him now on those racing bikes!!!
Post a Comment