Friday, October 10, 2008

Southern CA Fair

It's tradition that we go to the Southern California Fair with my family each year. So this past Monday we all met up at the fair for a good time. My dad happened to get free tickets this year through his work which was great. We had such a fun time watching the turkey races, stunt show, and the BMX show. The kids were excited to ride some rides and play some games. And of course my favorite part of the fair, the food. Spencer got his usual tri-tip sandwich and I got my ultimate favorite, a big fat turkey leg! Yum! After all the fun at the fair we all stopped at Cold Stone on the way home for some ice cream. My boys are already looking forward to going again next year!


The first thing we did was stop at the turkey races. The kids all got up close and cheered on their favorite turkey.


Gavin, along with 2 other kids, was chosen out of the crowd to help with the turkey races. They had to give their best turkey call. Gavin gave the best turkey call! He got a little nervous when they let the turkeys out though. He started inching his way behind the lady.


He was so proud of the red bandana he won for helping out with the races.


Oh, and as luck would have it, look what Wade won...


Ya, don't ask.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Friend. The fair looked fun. Yes I had a birthday. I've officially been on the Earth for 40 years. But of course, I am only a foreign exchange student from heaven.
Have a fun weekend, hottie.
-Michele

all that i love said...

O.k, I couldn't help but laugh when you mentioned that Wade won a fish. Luckily it is something that can be disposed of easily.

Angela said...

I laughed...that is pretty funny. Did this fish go and find his parents?

Amy said...

I guess your plan wasn't so fool proof...Hopefully you kept that bowl. I am sure you will need it NUMEROUS times in your life!!