Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mommy Time

So I mentioned in my previous post that Spencer surprised us and came home early to help me around the house, which was true. I guess I should give a little more background info to make the story completely true. Spencer called me this morning, as he usually does, to see how things were going. I ended up in tears from feeling overwhelmed with everything. He told me that he could get home from work around 4:30pm and I could have the evening to myself, to do whatever I wanted. He then showed up an hour later with these...

Can you smell them? They're beautiful. I have to brag that I have a collection of vases from all the flowers Spencer brings me. And he knows that roses are my favorite. After getting some cleaning done he ran to the grocery store for me while I got ready to go out. I was all ready to go and I was telling the boys good bye. They kept asking me where I was going. I don't really go out much on my own so they didn't get it. They asked me if I was going to the doctor? Church meeting? All the places I would usually go by myself. Wade asked if I was going to Pinkberry? (Whoops, do I go there too much?) I was finally off... by myself... not really sure where I was going or what I was going to do. I finally decided it would be fun to get my fat piggies a pedicure. It has been way too long since I have had one and they about had to get their chainsaw out to cut away at the gunk (lovely). They came out cute though...

After the pedicure, I was off for some retail therapy at Ross and TJ Maxx. Yes I am one of those that love the thrill of the hunt at those stores. I needed to pick up a few gifts and found a few cute things for the new baby. It was nice to shop isle by isle and not have to chase anyone. Thank you Spencer for the wonderful 'mommy time'. I even came home to find all the boys sleeping in their beds...

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I love getting pedicures!! What a sweet husband!

Hemphill Family said...

Nice. I like TJMaxx and Ross too.

Amy said...

I must say that you got a good one...I am not even being biased since he is my brother!!

Michelle said...

I just have to say that is the longest second toe I have ever seen! hahaha:)