Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Week... What to Do???


When I found out Chase had the whole week off from school for the Thanksgiving holiday I was really excited to spend some extra time with him and the boys. Then the realization of it all sunk in and I was a little panicked that I would have nonstop fighting in my house for an entire week. So I decided that even with a few uncomfortable issues I am having with pregnancy, it would be best to get the boys out of the house as much as possible. So I took the boys to Disneyland Monday and Spencer met us there Monday night. We stayed in a hotel and got up early on Tuesday to head out to Disneyland again. Spencer went with us so that the boys could ride the Matterhorn ride. I can't ride because I'm pregnant and we realized that Wade was tall enough this year, so Spencer rode with the boys. Wade absolutely loved it! It was his first ride on a real roller coaster and he thought he was so cool. Then Spencer headed off to work and the boys and I stayed until late afternoon. We hurried home so that Chase would make his soccer banquet. We're off to a fun (and exhausting) start. What should we do next?





4 comments:

Amy said...

You are an amazing mom. Jared and Katie are off for Wednesday-Friday and we are not having any planned activities. Jared got to go to Wendover today with Dave to do a little work...it is a toss up of what would be more exciting...Disneyland vs Wendover and the desert. Jared DID get to shoot up a spray paint can so it was a good day for him too!!

Happy Thanksgiving...we miss you!!

Angela said...

Don't let me kids know that you "just went to Disneyland" like it is Lagoon!!! How nice that it is just a hop, skip and a jump away!

TimAprilA said...

awesome.. that sounds like so much fun.. they are some lucky kids to have a MOM like you!!!

Anne Marie said...

What fun memories! I know what you mean by getting the kids out of the house. I think Tuesday they were going stir crazy! I hope they had a lot of fun!