Friday, November 21, 2008

Called to Serve


Yesterday my youngest brother Gary received his mission call. So that night we got together with some family and friends to watch him open his call and find out where he will be serving for 2 years. So... Mexico City, Mexico Mission Spanish speaking (obviously). He reports to the MTC in Provo, Utah on March 4th, 2009. We are so excited for him and proud of him for making this commitment and sacrifice. Of course we will be sad to see him go, my boys LOVE uncle Gary. Gary has been amazing with my boys. He is their #1 babysitter. Gary has always just stepped in to help me with them without even being asked. We will miss Gary very much, but we are more than happy for the experiences he will have as a missionary. We love you Gary!


Notice the cell phones on the table. We had to call my brothers and sister that live out of state to let them listen.

6 comments:

Allison Holmes said...

I can't even believe that Gary is going on a mission!! That is crazy! I remember him as a 12 year old kid...wow
How exciting for him he will do so good!

Hemphill Family said...

Wow. How exciting. I have a picture of Ray on his mission that Aileen left in my scanner. It doesn't seem possible that he's that old already. Ray gets home before Gary leaves right?

Amy said...

CONGRATS!! He will do awesome!

Shalece said...

How exciting! I can't believe he is going on a mission already,mine and Craig's first year as YC parents he was in our family. We loved him, he is such a great guy. How exciting! My brother went to that mission. :)

TimAprilA said...

Congratulations GARY!!!
Mexico .. thats interesting.. he gets to learn Spanish.
I know what you mean about missing your brothers... I am missing both of mine. can you let Gary know that Jacob finally got his orders and he leaves for IRAQ on the 3rd of December.

Matt and Amie said...

Congrats Gary!! That is so exciting!