I am a mother who has a hard time leaving my kids with any babysitter. I think it's mainly because I know what my kids are capable of (lots of injuries) so it makes me nervous for them to be in someone else's care. But there are times that I feel pushed to my limit and for my sanity I know that I need to get out... without kids. So last weekend I got that chance. I had a girls only night with my mom, sisters, and friend Laura. The dads were all kind enough to watch the kids while we were out, but hey, we deserved it! We started off at a little Mexican restaurant, El Gran Burrito for a delicious dinner. It was so fun to chit chat and just enjoy our dinner. Then we were off to Walgreens to get some candy to stuff in our purses for the movie we were about to see... Twilight! Now, I am not one of those crazy fanatics that read all 4 books in one day. In fact, I didn't read the books at all. My mom and I were the only ones of the group that hadn't. So I really didn't know what to expect and I didn't really care cause did I mention... NO KIDS! The movie was good and so was the candy! By the time the movie was over, around 9:30pm, we were all tired and ready to go to bed. What a boring bunch of moms right?! It was just what I needed to feel ready to face the world of 'momhood' again. I am totally ready for another girls only night though. Anybody? Anybody?
16 years ago




8 comments:
All I gotta say is whoever's leg that is on your lap belongs to the dang hottest girl I've ever seen. What's her number?????
I'm up for another girls night anytime!!
Sounds like you guys had fun! It's always so fun to get out with the girls and just relax
I would LOVE to take you up on that. Sounds good to me!! I try to do that about once a month with some ladies in the ward, but now I get to bring little bit with him since he's still on the yoo-hoo :) Not quite a girls only event but he's quiet and just sleeps, so I guess its okay ;)
Sounds like you guys had a fun time! Did I mention how brave you are for having another. 2 is so much work...I can't imagine what 4 would be like. WOWsers!
I forgot to add, you spelled Twilight wrong. It's not Twightlight you idiot! :)
I have read 2 1/2 of the books and I haven't been able to get out and see the movie yet. I almost convinced Warren to go with me, but we ended up seeing the James Bond movie instead.
I would love to just call me and let me know I NEED A BREAK... hahaha
I have the times and dates for when I will be at the store to wrap presents if youd like to come and help me out id appriciate it. for sure tomorrow i will be there from 1-7
sat 6th 11-1
sun 7th 1-4
Mon 8th 11-4
tue 9th 11-4
wed 10th 1-7
thur 11th 1-7
fri 12th 11-9
sat 13th 11-4
sun 14th 1-3
mon 15th 11-4
tue 16th 11-4
wed 17th 11-7
thur 18th 11-7
fri 19th 11-9
If you know anyone who would like to come and help like your mom and aunts please let them know im more then happy to have the help I will have thousands of things that need to get done. last year i had over 3500 presents that i had to wrap and not too much help... so anything is welcomed.
Also if you know any of the kids that need Government hours Im taking them too and they get the community service hours for it. they just ha eto have the paper from Mr Door so I can sign it off. Most of them need 16 hrs filled... so please let me know if any of these times are good for you.
Thanks.... call me
907 7645
April
I love girls night out...it really does rejuvenate you for the daily activities we get to do.
Let's do another night! It was so fun just to hang out without being hung onto. I'm up for anytime!
Post a Comment