Well, sort of. Wednesday, January 28th was Wade's 1st visit to the dentist. He technically has been to the dentist... this past summer we made a quick visit to repair his chipped front teeth. But this was his 1st actual scheduled visit for a cleaning. Chase had his appointment a few days before and Gavin and Wade were so jealous of the little bag of goodies he got (toothbrush, floss, toothpaste, sticker). Gavin and Wade could hardly wait for their appointment. So when the day finally came I was sure it was going to be a breeze. Gavin informed me that he wanted to go in by himself, which he did, and he did great. Then they called Wade back and he started to have a melt down and scream "No!" I was embarrassed because they usually don't take kids until they are 3 years old, but I told them that even though Wade was 2 1/2 he would sit just fine. We finally got him back to the room where Gavin was waiting for us. The dentist was so good with Wade but Wade was just not having it. So I sat my big pregnant buns down in the patient chair and sat Wade on my lap. They laid us all the way back and Wade was practically doing a back bend from my big belly (picture that). He did fine once I was with him. I should have opened my mouth and got a 2-for-1. When all was said and done, Wade was excited to have his very own 'dentist goodie bag' and I was told he can't drink from bottles anymore. Oh boy, wish me luck on that one!
16 years ago




9 comments:
I just took Aubrey to the dentist for the first time last week and they didn't give her anything! I think we need to go to your dentist!
O.k, I really would have loved a post with a picture of you and Wade in the dentist's chair. That would have been so cute. On Parker's last visit he didn't have much sucess either. He has a bad gag reflex and so basically they just looked into his mouth (no x-rays). I hope his next visit is better.
By the way, how are you doing?
I love the "balloons." :) I still haven't taken Damon yet....I'm a little nervous about that one. Could you breathe with Wade on top of you? I can't lay on my back when I'm full-on pregnant, I would have hyperventilated.
That's so funny! I really did picture you and Wade in the chair :)! We had a very similar experience with Kira. Funny thing is she was 5! She freaked and the dentist wouldn't even touch her mouth. I'm sure next time he will do it all on his own.
Sometimes I want to start to scream when I have to personally get in the dentist chair...it is NOT my favorite place to visit. So I have a TON of sympathy for kids not wanting to go too. Everything usually is better once you get the blown up hospital glove balloon though.
We really don't like to talk about the dentist at our house.. especially around Abby. My dentist finally told me that he could no longer work on Abby and that she was going to have to go to a prediatric dentist. Thanks for your comment on my blog..yes I am still alive and kicking! :) I will tell Zeth that you guys said congratulations. We wish you were closer too! I love your piano, I am thinking that I need to come down just to play it!!! Have so much fun with it.
LOL! Where's the picture of both of you in the chair? I can't imagine that felt good.
Thank you for the comment on our blog. The West Indies is a great mission. We feel so blessed to have our son there serving. How exciting to have Elder Lauritzen home and for your parents and brothers to pick him up. Elder Lang has been out for 6 months so it will be awhile before we talk about picking him up. Good luck with your baby you will do fine without your mom. By the time you have your fourth you are a pro. My youngest is ten and I wish I could go back and live those crazy years when they were young. Enjoy and best wishes to you and your family.
Tauna Lang
That's too funny I could totally picture you with wade on your stomach... Im glad things went well... at least they got a goody bag!!
Post a Comment