Thursday, February 5, 2009

Emily Turns 32!


Thursday, February 5th was my birthday. The big 32. It's weird how I used to think 30's was 'old'. I guess I thought I would somehow be 25 forever. Oh well. Now all I need to do is grow up and act my age right?! I had a wonderful birthday. It was a busy day. It started with me going in to help out in Chase's class, as I do every Thursday. Chase had told his teacher the day before that it was going to be my birthday so the teacher had the class sing Happy Birthday to me, so cute. Then I was off to a routine doctor's appointment. The best news... I hadn't gained any weight from my previous visit! Woo-hoo! (Of course Spencer later informed me it's probably because I've already maxed-out in the weight department. Sad, but he's right.) When I got home the boys had a quick nap, we picked up Chase from school and then we were off to Disneyland. It rained a little but we were totally ready with ponchos and a stroller cover, but for the most part it was dry. Which meant hardly anyone was there so we walked on most of the rides. Spencer treated us to a fabulous dinner at the Blue Bayou (the restaurant in the Pirate's ride).

Here's the boys getting off the Matterhorn ride

My mom and Spencer planned a family birthday dinner for the following Sunday. So of course I had to pick out a fabulous cake. Spencer said I am a 'teenie-bopper' for picking out this zebra print cake with hot pink stars. I didn't care, I LOVED it!


My nephew, Blake's birthday is Feb. 10th, and my sister in law, Anne Marie's birthday is the 20th of Feb., so we all blew out the candles.


Happy 32nd to me. Let's hope this year goes by slow so I never have to turn 33. Yikes...

8 comments:

Jordan McInroe said...

Hi Emily! Remember me? What a beautiful family you have! I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it. It's good to see you again! (We'll... kind of see you.) Also, Happy Birthday!

Hemphill Family said...

Happy birthday Emily. Love the cake!

all that i love said...

Happy Birthday! I know what you mean about not feeling your age. I too am worried about turning 30 and remember thinking how old that seemed just a few years ago. It is scary to think how close to 40 we are now.

I noticed that you only have 22 more days to go. That went by fast (for me anyways). I bet you are excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Before you know it baby #4 will be here. YA!

Michelle said...

You're only 8 years away from being 40. OUCH! I still got 14 years before I'm over the hill...... :)

Angela said...

Happy Birthday...hope you had a fun day.

Amy said...

Happy Bday...As I am drawing near to the end of my 32nd year I can tell you that after 30 they all feel the same. It just becomes a bigger number! You will probably feel great during your 32nd year since a majority of your 31st year was spent prego!!

Aileen Bluhm said...

Happy Birthday, Em! Um, you need to tell Spencer that there is an unwritten law that says that husbands are forbidden to make any comments about a woman's weight during pregnancy (well, any time actually). That is dangerous territory! :-) I think you look awesome!

Anne Marie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had fun! Now if that baby would just come already....