
Saturday evening was definitely a night to remember for me. With this being my 4th boy, I didn't want anyone to throw me a baby shower. My sister-in-law, Michelle, called me and asked me if she could put together a small family dinner to celebrate the upcoming birth of my baby. I agreed and soon realized that this was going to be just what I needed. I am having my 4th boy, not that I am in anyway sad about that, but celebrating with my close family was definitely something I needed since I have been emotional about this being my last baby. Plus, I recently got out all the baby stuff we have and realized a lot of it was dingy after 3 boys. :) Unfortunately 3 of my sisters-in-law were unable to come, 1 living out of state, and the other 2 having previous plans. So Saturday night my mom, Aileen, Michelle, and I went out to the Olive Garden for dinner. I'm pretty sure we were all in tears at one point... because we were laughing so hard! They each gave me cute gifts for the baby, and we polished off the night with dessert. Thanks girls, and thanks Michelle for putting the night together... I appreciated it more than you know.




10 comments:
I'm glad you enjoyed it Emily, you deserved it! It really was a lot of fun. We definitely need to do things like that more often!
I saw you left a comment on Cassandras blog. And I had to say hi. And I about fell out of my seat laughing at your boys rubbing your feet. Your hubby must set a great example.
Sounds like a fun evening, you do deserve it. I love that your boys were rubbing your feet. They are sweet hearts. Looks like rather than you having a girl to spoil you are the girl that all your boys spoil. Thanks for the advice you posted on my blog. We used to have a sticker chart and once we filled it up I never made another one. It was very effective. I will try that again. Thanks and I hope you are feeling good.
How sweet is that? Arent sisters (and Mom's) the greatest!?
Lovin' you my friend! Olive Garden and foot rubs take the edge off for me too! I think you need to talk to your uncle before we get new callings to pull some strings and get us together again.
I made cupcakes tonight. I'm thinking of you.....
Looks like a great night. Wish I could have been there!
Em - Will there ever be a time when you don't look gorgeous?? 9 months pregnant and no swollen ankles - way to go! We'll be down your way the week of the 23rd. We still would love to come and see you but I know the babe is coming soon so we'll just kind of wait and see how you are feeling by then. We'll talk to you soon....
Hi...
Just wanted to Wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
That night was the hardest I've laughed in a long time! It's a good thing I wore my depends cause I about peed my pants! It was just what I needed too! We need to plan more girls nights! Love you, Emily--you're my hero!
What are we???? Chop liver?? Obviously we weren't missed much. Glad you had a fun time at dinner. I agree that baby showers for not number one kids gets annoying...I wouldn't let anyone give me one either.
Post a Comment