Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Late Nights with the Pirates

Every once in a while Chase will have a hard time falling asleep so he will occupy himself back in his room until he is tired enough to fall asleep. I always have Spencer check on the boys before he leaves for work. This morning I was already awake when Spencer went to check on them and he came back in our room and said, "Chase must have been up late." I asked him how he knew that and he said, "Because his pirate army men are all lined up." Chase has always been the type of kid that likes everything just so, this includes his toys. I have to admit, his creations are pretty incredible! (How about that bottom left picture of the guy about to be shot in the back!)

The only problem is trying to wake him up after his late night adventures. Lucky for me I was able to say a few silly things to him and he woke up smiling.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so funny. I bet you got a good laugh out of that when you saw it in the morning! That totally shows what a perfectionist he is, I can't believe how perfectly they are all lined up and fighting each other.

Aileen Bluhm said...

He is hilarious! What a good imagination! He's obviously watched Pirates of the Carribean a few times! ;-)

Hemphill Family said...

Taylor has a hard time falling asleep at night too. Maybe I should get her some pirates.

The Fallons said...

So cute! He looks like Ivan in those pictures.

Anne Marie said...

He is so funny! He and Kira are two peas in a pod. Kira will just lay in bed awake because she can't go to sleep. Last night, it was around 10:00 and she was up going to the bathroom.

Angela said...

Kyler would fit right into your family. He loves to play with his pirate ships and pirates. That ship looks like it is really fun.