Yesterday Spencer took Chase and Gavin on a bike ride. He had been telling them about it for a couple of days so they were really looking forward to it. They rode down near the river bottom or what my boys call 'the jungle'. There's lots of trees and bushes and a little river and my boys think it's the jungle and have often asked to go down there. The night before the bike ride I was helping Gavin say his personal prayers and he prayed that they would have fun on their bike ride and that no bears would attack them. Well, they had a ton of fun on the bike ride and I am happy to report that no bears attacked them, but they did spot a few rabbits and squirrels. I dropped the boys off at the starting point and we had to let Wade ride down the trail a little so that he felt that he got to go on the bike ride too. Then we got in Spencer's truck and Wade, Ezra, and I drove to a different spot down the path where we picked them up. The ride ended up being around an hour but the boys did great.
Wade riding his bike


Getting ready to head off!


And they're off...

Chase was the first one back

Daddy and Gavin weren't far behind

The finish line after the bike ride... then we were off to In-N-Out!
8 comments:
Looks like a really fun day. It is always nice when the kids get to spend some time with dad. My kids love that time and of couse love it even more when I come home. By the way... I am jealous of the sun you are already enjoying (I guess you pretty much have it year round). It will be June before it is warm and the sun comes out here. I really want to move.
I LOVE bike rides! Those were some of my best memories as a kid--the family bike rides we went on to Fairnount Park and the bike trails at Doheny Beach! Awesome!
Oops! I mean Fairmount Park. Sorry, I'm too much of a perfectionist! ;-)
Looks like a great trip! I am still in aww that Wade is already riding a two-wheeler and he's not even 3!!!
How fun! We like to ride our bikes down there too!
We love riding bikes too. You'll have to bring your bikes next time you come visit Aileen. There are so many great trails here.
Hilarious what little kids think of-BEARS! :) Paul is hoping to do a bike ride with our monkeys next week. I am so begging for In'N'Out afterward!
What a good lesson that God really does answer prayers. Bears would have been REALLY bad!
Post a Comment