Friday, April 24, 2009

Gavin's Disney Date with Daddy

When the boys have a birthday this year they get to have a special day with daddy at Disneyland. They really look forward to spending the day with daddy and going on all the 'big' rides with him. Since Gavin's birthday fell on Easter Sunday this year Spencer didn't get to take him until this past Wednesday. Gavin had been counting down the days! Spencer said Gavin walked around at Disneyland saying, "This is SO fun!" They had a great time together.

All Gavin could talk about for the months leading up to his birthday was how he was finally going to be tall enough to ride Indiana Jones when he turned 5. Chase has been the only one tall enough to ride with daddy and Gavin was so jealous. He was about a half inch too short to ride last time we measured him (about a month ago) and I knew he wasn't going to be magically tall enough over night, although he believed that. So, call us bad parents but we sent him with a pair of socks to stuff in his shoes to give him that last half inch. I mean come on right?! A half inch. It worked! He called me from Disneyland and he was in line for the Indiana Jones ride. He loved it!

4 comments:

Allison Holmes said...

haha that's awesome! I'll totally stuff my kids shoes to make them taller. Last week we went and I took Melia on Matterhorn...she sort of freaked out at first but then said it was fun (minus the scary monsters!)

Aileen Bluhm said...

That's perfect! I mean, how could you tell him that he's not tall enough even though, in his eyes, turning five means he's all grown up? :-)

all that i love said...

It is so funny how the smallest things make our kids so happy.

The Hamiltons said...

Oh I have laughed so hard...Ryan wanted to go on awhile back and he was like a quarter inch to short so we shoved paper towels in his shoes! Lets get together and talk about kindergarten plans for the boys..I picked up some of the paper work. I am glad I have you because I want Ryan to have a friend to start the year off with, and a nice teacher. Thank you! You are a lifesaver!