So, I could quite possibly be one of the most paranoid mothers on earth. I worry too much, I think too much, I analyze too much. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it just makes my life a lot harder. I can't help it. My kids have pretty much never had a babysitter other than my mom or immediate family members. I absolutely do not allow shoes on my carpet for fear of the germs that will get in my carpet (because of this my kids have become the 'shoe Nazis' and they will inform you if you have forgotten to take yours off). When I am on rides at Disneyland with my kids I am constantly mapping out escape routes if there were to be an earthquake. My doors and windows are locked all day, blinds shut, and house alarm on. Just this past February I sent Chase on his 1st play date (without me) to Incredible John's Pizza with his friend's family. I felt physically sick the whole time he was gone. When I used to teach dance and Spencer would watch the boys a couple nights a week, I would beg him not to take them anywhere, mostly because I know how my boys are, when you get them out of the car they scatter. You definitely have to have a strategy. The whole summer before Chase started kindergarten I would often feel sick to my stomach at the thought of someone else, a complete stranger, taking care of him for half the day.
Well, the list goes on and on but I'll stop there before you think I'm a complete phsyco. But what I'm getting at is the fact that the annual church Father and Sons camping trip is coming up. Rightfully so, Spencer wants to take the 3 'older' boys. Why they don't let the mothers plan this trip is beyond me because here are the activities the men have planned: fishing, shotgun shooting, archery, and a campfire. Believe it or not, this year is actually mellow compared to the past few years which also included quad riding and canoeing. So the paranoia has begun. First I begged Spencer not to do the whole camping overnight part of the activity, no luck. Now I'm trying to convince him that Wade will need to live in his life jacket for the weekend. We'll see. I know the boys will have fun, I just can't help the worrying. I mean, rewind 5 years... we were at an outdoor wedding reception where there was an unfenced pool in the middle of the yard and whose kid fell in the pool and had to be rescued by a lady who jumped in in her dress??? Mine, that's who. The paranoia is justified. Thank goodness a friend in the ward is planning a girl's night during the father and sons outing. Hopefully that will help to keep my mind from going crazy...
17 years ago




8 comments:
I wish I had some sort of something to make you feel better but I'm about 10 x worse than you, soooo...Good Luck! They will be fine and you will be great! Thank goodness for Girls Night!
Hmmmm, I am starting to wonder if something is wrong with me for not worrying enough! :)
First of all I am so like this with Autumn. And I only have one boy and it makes me nervous to have him going camping too. As far as babysitting, my babysitter lives right across the street and only watches the kids when his mom is home just in case something were to happen. It is a mom's job to worry so pat yourself on the back, and eat a lot of chocolate that weekend!!
Whoa, who let the psycho girl write on this blog?? Should I see if I can get Darryl to pocket some drugs from the people he arrests so you can just get high that weekend? hahaha! For real though, they'll be fine Emily. Trust Spencer and just RELAX!
Gee thanks. Now I am paranoid because Spencer is taking both my boys. I hoping that between Spener,his dad and Jeff they can keep my boys safe.
But I am excited to have a girls night out.
Hahaha...I felt like I was reading my own thoughts...
I had to laugh...glad I'm not the only one who suffers from paranoia, ha ha. I'm just glad Cody's not old enough yet for father's and son's, next year I'll be worrying I'm sure.
Hopefully I'll see you at the "girls' night"!
Don't fret. The boys will be fine. The nice thing about Spencer is that I am sure it is his goal to keep his kids alive too. Sometimes we as mom's forget that perhaps the dads worry as much about the kids as we do and want them to be safe too.
Post a Comment