Thursday, May 28, 2009

205 Days.

That's how many days we went injury free. Well, serious injuries anyway. We won't count all the bumps, bruises, and scrapes in between. So we (Gavin, Wade, Ezra, & I) were gonna do a quick stop a TJ Maxx to exchange something. Of course on my way back to find a different size of the item I was exchanging, I had to browse a little. I found 3 really cute t-shirts for Chase for school for next year so I figured I would get them too. Gavin tells me he's going to look at the toys which is right next to where I'm looking. Then I hear a crash. "Gavin?" I can hear him start to whimper. "Gavin?" (a little more panicked this time). I found him holding his arm. Oh no! Broken arm for sure?? "Is your arm okay?" I ask him. "Yes, but I hit my head." So I take off his hat to see thick blood already dripping down his hair. So I quickly got him a wipee to hold on his head while we walked to the car. Apparantly he was running to me to show me a toy he wanted and he tripped on another toy and wacked his head on the bottom of the rack stand. If I'm being honest, I'm not sure what I was more bummed about... Gavin being hurt or putting those 3 cute t-shirts back on the rack. :( So I took him in to the doctor. At first she thought she might have to glue and staple it, but she kept squeezing it together with the glue and made it work. Phew. So we're out of swim practice for a few days and I guess a new injury-free countdown can begin...

4 comments:

all that i love said...

I can't believe that you made it that many days. I guess the odds go up as you have more boys. You seem so calm about the whole thing. I guess you are use to it by now. If that happened to be (especially at a store) I would be freaking out. I'm glad to hear there weren't stitches involved :)

Michelle said...

Well, I guess you can say at least he wasn't bitten by a snake or something, right? :)

Holly and Brad said...

This is sooo funny. Not the injury part, but honestly just last night I decided I was going to write you and say WHAT, NO INJURIES LATELY? I had noticed that you hadn't had any in LONG time. And then I opened google reader. And alas. Let the countdown re-begin. :)

Glad he is ok.

Anne Marie said...

Well, at least it was only glue this time. Hope he's okay.