Friday, May 29, 2009

WARNING: EXPLICIT POST

So does anyone else hate going to the doctor's office as much as I do?? And by that I mean with kids in tow. It's just a nightmare to have us all couped up in that little office. More often than not I come out of the doctor's office not knowing what we were even just diagnosed with because my kids were all over the place and I couldn't even hear what the doctor was saying. In the last 2 weeks we have been in the doctor's office 4 times (shocker right?!). My kids really do love our doctor, Dr. Davis, and he is really good with them.


I've tried everything from letting them bring their gameboys...

...to letting them have free rain of my camera...

(a lifesaver)

Oh, how about this one. I had to get an EKG and was naked from the waist up except for a little paper vest that was open in the front. I had to lay back and hold really still and I hear Wade say, "I'll take a picture." Let's just say I'll save you the trauma of posting the other indecent pictures...





There is one thing that actually keeps the boys calm for a while. On the back of the doctor's doors in the patient rooms are pictures like these. The boys love for me to tell them all about the pictures and all the parts. Somehow we get stuck in the same 2 rooms every time we go...

Well, this last doctor's visit we got in a new room! While we were waiting for the doctor, Gavin looked at the back of the door and said, "Look mom, a new picture! Now you can tell me all about the parts on this one!" Uhhh...

7 comments:

Amber said...

Amen, I swear, these people at the dr's. office look at me like I am nuts. Both boys are running two different directions. Oh I dread it!
You should have called me. I can watch your boys if you are going for an appt. for yourself. Or just to have a few less kids. Really, I wouldnt mind.
That last pict. was funny. LOL

Cassandra said...

Thanks for posting this, I just got my laugh for the day!

Amy said...

Sounds like an adventure...maybe that is why you had to get an EKG...4 boys in one small office would give me heart palpitations. Why did you need an EKG??

Shalece said...

LOL I am laughing like no other, that was just so stinkin funny. From the picture they took of you to the one on the back of the door.. oh my goodness, thanks for the laugh.

Aileen Bluhm said...

Going to the doctor is a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!! If the kids aren't screaming or running away from me, they're spilling goldfish crumbs on the carpet or pulling everything off the shelf in the pharmacy! Ugh! I feel your pain, sista, but I would have LOVED to have been there to hear you explain the parts on the female anatomy! Awesome!

Michelle said...

I always feel like I'm giving myself an ulcer everytime I take all the kids to the doctor. I wear my workout clothes because I know I'll be burning lots of calories while I'm there.

wenselgang said...

I'm a little dissapointed, I didn't see anything explicit in that post!