
I really want to instill in my children a love for reading. My mom did this for me growing up and I definitely want my kids to love reading! I've always read to them growing up and this year (if I can say in a non-braggy way) Chase was the top reader in his class all year. Each night Chase and I have been reading The Spiderwick Chronicles and we are almost finished with the series. A good friend of mine gave me a huge box full of books that her girls had outgrown and we are devouring them! Some of the books that were in the box are from the Junie B. Jones series. Those books are hilarious! I totally recommend them. Chase has started reading them and has already finished 2 books in the last 5 days (they are approx. 70 pages). He reads them on his own in his room and tells me all about them. I was hoping this series would last him for the summer but it's looking like we're going to have to get more books. I'm not complaining. But for now, 2 down!




5 comments:
These were always my students' favorite books. They couldn't get enough of Junie B. Jones...and I thought they were pretty cute too!
That is great! At what age did he start reading books all by himself. I am trying to get Parker ready for kindergarten and want to make sure that he isn't behind. What should I be doing?
Thats great! I never liked to read when I was younger. But I cant stop reading now. Chase and I are on the same page I have read 2 books in the last month. LOL
I'm so glad that mom instilled in us a love for reading. Brenna would be did nothing but read books all day and that makes me so happy! My students LOVED Junie B. Jones and thought they were hilarious! I'm glad he's such a good reader!
Okay I obviously didn't proofread before I sent my post.....What I meant to say was that Brenna would be in heaven if we did nothing but read books all day. Sorry I'm a goofball!
Post a Comment