Wednesday, June 24, 2009

HaPpY 30th BiRthDaY SpeNcEr!

Spencer is officially in the 30 club. June 22 was the big day! We started the celebration on Sunday at my mom's house where we sang Happy Birthday to him, my uncle Dean, and my brother Dean (their birthdays were within a few days). I made him his favorite... golden graham smores!




The next day was his birthday so we had the whole day planned. We were excited to spend daddy's birthday together as a family. First we had to start out with the traditional donut for breakfast.

Then we headed up to Big Bear for the day. We stopped on the side of the road so the boys could stretch.


We hit up the Alpine Slide. Daddy and Wade


Daddy and Gavin


This was the first year that Chase got to (had to) ride by himself. He was a little nervous at first but then he loved going by himself.

Mommy rode one time with Wade

Then we hit up the waterslides which were right next to the Alpine Slide.




Spencer and I hung out in the shade and watched the boys. Ezra was enjoying the cool breeze.

And then the main reason we went to Big Bear... the Cowboy Express Steakhouse, another of Spencer's favorites!

This is how we passed time while waiting for our steaks to cook...

Gavin had gotten this cool mustache out of the gumball machine...

It doubled as a goatee






Ezra joined in on the fun too...

He didn't like when we ripped the mustache off his upper lip, hence the red eyes...

That's what I'm talkin about! Totally worth the wait.


After dinner we walked around town and hit up our favorite ice cream/candy shop for a treat. It was such a nice relaxing day.

Spence, I hope you enjoyed your birthday. I am just not complete without you. I am lovin growing older with you. I love you babe. Happy 30th!




7 comments:

all that i love said...

My favorite picture by far is the one of Ezra with a stash. You don't look too bad your self either. Sounds and looks like you guys had a great day. I love those days and it is unfortunate that they are so far a few between. Happy Birthday Spencer. I'll join the club next year!

Grandma Martin said...

Spencer...I am glad to see you had a great Birthday and Father's Day...I wish I could of been there with you guys...It seems like yesterday you were as young as your boys...I love you...Mom

Amy said...

Happy late birthday Spencer! Welcome to the 30's...it is sure fabulous. Do you remember "ThirtySomething?" it was a show on TV when we were growing up. Well I can remember watching it and thinking that the stars were SO old...yet here we sit...thirty something...thinking we are pretty dang cool. Welcome!

Michelle said...

The mustache pictures were all funny, but Ezra's made me laugh out loud..it's like that thing was made for his face!
And just so you guys know, I'm thinkin maybe we can't hang out anymore because you guys are way too old....it kinda takes away from our youthfulness to hang out with old fogies like you. Oh, and happy birthday Spencer.

Aileen Bluhm said...

Happy Birthday, Spencer! I remember thinking 30 was so old but now that I'm in my thirties I've changed my mind. Thirties are the new twenties! Work it, baby!

Anne Marie said...

Sounds like a great day! Happy Birthday Spencer!

Katy said...

Where did you get those donuts? Donut Star by Stater Bros.? The mustache pictures are hilarious, your poor baby (not really).

Happy b-day Spencer, even though you don't even know me.