Friday, June 26, 2009

I guess we're a Freak show...

Today we ran out for a bit to run some errands. Now that school is out I have all 4 boys in tow. We went to 2 different stores and in the time that we were in the 2 stores I had at least 10 different people comment...

"Are they all yours?"

"Three boys, wow!" (Ezra was hiding in his car seat) "Actually I have 4." "Oh my!"

"one...two...three...four!" (yes, she counted them)

"Look at those 4 boys!" (some comments were made behind my back)

"Four boys and look how well-behaved they are!" (This comment was made at the beginning of the trip. Boy did we have her fooled)

"3 boys! Is that a girl in the car seat?" "Nope, it's a boy."

"4 boys? You must be exhausted!"

(I loved this one...) "Oh my goodness, 4 boys! You deserve the Mother of the Year Award!"

(and of course the ever-popular...) "Are you going to try for a girl???"

8 comments:

Aileen Bluhm said...

That's funny! People are so amazed when you have more than two kids. Believe it or not, people ask if Brenna and Ethan are twins! Duh! Well, it's usually when they're sitting down. Ethan just has a big head!

wenselgang said...

Oh my goodness! What a boring world we would have if everyone was the same. Thank goodness for families like yours who "dare" to have more than 2 kids!!! It makes me laugh at comments people make. We have the famous swine flu in our house....imagine the comments and interesting phone calls I'm getting!!!

Anne Marie said...

Funny! I don't get very many comments anymore. I just try to ignore the wide-eyed stares.

TheHardyFamily said...

You should have told her that your number three of nine! Then they would have crapped themselves! I must say how well you handle yourself in public though. When I saw you at Target you were so poised when your boys were having a good time on that shopping cart! lol

lance n sarah said...

You have such the cutest family. You are super-woman. I have a hard time and i have two. Big families are the best though. I'm the oldest of 5. Especially now that we are all grown. I hope to have a couple more.

Amber said...

I need to tag along with you and see how you do it. I can barely do two.

Aileen Bluhm said...

P.S. Was the lady who commented on the boys good behavior blind? ;-)

Aileen Bluhm said...

Oh and I agree that you deserve the "Mother of the Year" award because I don't know how you manage four kids--I struggle with two! Whew!