Friday, July 17, 2009

Thank you pregnancy...

Thank you pregnancy for the many months of sickness.

Thank you pregnancy for the many hours I got to spend in the waiting room at the Dr.'s office.

Thank you pregnancy for all the shots and blood drawn.

Thank you pregnancy for the sleepless nights and many trips to the potty.

Thank you pregnancy for the stretch marks on my bum.

Thank you pregnancy for giving me perfect posture since I couldn't slouch when sitting.

Thank you pregnancy for all these extra pounds I'm now fighting to get rid of.

Thank you post-pregnancy for the painful itchy hives that covered my entire body because I had an allergic reaction to the surgical tape. (NOT posting a picture of that one!)

And now, right on schedule at 4 months post-pregnancy, thank you for my new (thankfully temporary) receding hairline... (Oh, and you should see it when it starts growing back!)

Left side
Right side

Here I am with Gavin @ about 4 months



Let's just say I'm not going to be wearing any up-do's any time soon.

PS. Chase, Gavin, Wade, and Ezra... you were totally worth it.

4 comments:

The Fallons said...

Ok, I am learning a lot on your blog today....pregnancy causes receding hairlines?! I did not know that. However, I am definitely aware of the weight gain.....grrrrr.

Holly and Brad said...

I love a good ol' receding hairline. Did you see my re-growth the other day? Ya, all those hairs sticking straight up (all over the top of my scalp) ya, that's not breakage, its frickin re-growth. One of the many perks. I've been asked on a few occassions why I don't try parting it on the other side and ya, guess what? Its just as bad! This was a new one for me. I didn't have this happen with Chase.

I LOVE it.

Michelle said...

Whoa girl, my hair falls out too, but not like that!! I definitely agree that up-dos are not a good idea right now. Time to bust out your wig. :)

Cassandra said...

Glad I'm not the only one. My hair is still recovering, and Cody's almost 15 months!! I called mine "chicken fuzz" because when it was growing back in it would stick straight up like fuzz on a chicken's head.