Saturday, August 1, 2009

Wade's kicked the habit...


I thought for sure we were going to have to pack this thing in his kindergarten lunch. I'm a total fan of pacifiers and I don't really care how long my kids have them. Socially I think we were starting to push it with Wade still having his at 3 years old.(Boo) I was geared up for the fight of our life to get rid of this thing. I had even bought little toys for the 'Pacifier Fairy' to give him when he got rid of them. Well, as luck would have it, about 2 months ago Wade came down with hand foot mouth disease. He had blisters all over his tongue which made it painful for him to suck his pacifier. That was it. Cold turkey. He's been pacifier free since. The new battle?? Trying to get him to nap and go to bed at night now that he doesn't have it. I'm not lying when I say there are many days I have been tempted to give it back to him...

3 comments:

lance n sarah said...

That is exactly what happened to Hollie. She got the same thing in her mouth and didnt want it at all anymore. She was close to turning 3. Congrats. I truly love the binkie too.

Anne Marie said...

Yay!! Congrats!!!

Aileen Bluhm said...

Hallelujah! I'm so glad you didn't have to go through the "hell" we went through while weaning Brenna from her binky. And now I get to look forward to the same thing with Ethan, who loves his "bopboo" as much as Brenna did. Ugh!