Saturday, October 3, 2009

1st day of School

9.10.09 was our first day of school. So, I refuse to cry over spilled milk... I realized a little too late that there wasn't a memory card in my camera when I took all of the 1st day of school pictures (before school). Gavin started kindergarten and Chase started 2nd grade. They both have excellent teachers. Chase is in a 2/3 combo class. It's all the high 2nd graders and 3rd graders so the class is very competitive. Chase has been wanting a male teacher so he is really excited to have one this year. I guess 2nd grade is where the kids are grown up because I couldn't go in the class and try to hang out as long as I could that morning. It was a quick kiss and he was off into the classroom by himself. He seemed a little nervous as he walked into the classroom and I just wanted to walk him in and help him find his seat (I know, I need to let go). Gavin is afternoon kindergarten so Spencer, the 2 little boys and I all took him to school. I thought since I had been through this before I wouldn't cry... I was wrong. He lined up to go into the class and my tears started welling up. I was trying to hold them back. BTW, Wade also got in the line to go in and gave me a thumbs up. He wasn't so excited to be told he couldn't stay. We did have a very busy day that day...

After I picked up the boys from school we had to head right over to Ezra's 6 month doctor's appointment. To keep the boys busy I gave them free rain on my camera again...



















That night was Back to School night. At least I was able to get one picture of the boys on their 1st day.
Mrs. Gotschall and Gavin

Chase and Mr. Smyth

After Back to School night we were finally able to go out for ice cream to celebrate the day!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Chase is going to LOVE Mr. Smyth. He, to this day, is still my favorite teacher by far! He is so awesome!!!