Friday, March 7, 2008

Guys Are So Clever

So I got up early this morning to make cookies for Chase's kindergarten class. His birthday is on Sunday so I wanted to take cookies today. I wanted to make Snickers peanut butter cookies, where you put a mini snickers on a craft stick then make peanut butter cookie dough and wrap it around the snickers and bake. Being the procrastinator that I am I waited until the last minute (at least they were fresh). For some reason I have yet to buy a standing Kitchen Aid mixer, and when I got up this morning I realized that my hand mixer was burned out. I started to panic so Spencer said he would help me mix them by hand. After a few minutes of realizing that this was not going to be an easy task, he told me to just go get ready and he would take care of it. I came back into the kitchen to find this:



He had gotten his drill and somehow attached it to one mixer and was mixing away. Why didn't I think of this?? Because I'm not a guy and this is how guys think. I have a million stories like this. Anyway, Spencer saved the day and the cookies were a big hit!

5 comments:

Hemphill Family said...

Those cookies sound sooooo yummy. I'm going to have to try them. I think Jason and Spencer would get along great. Jason's clever like that too.

Ashley Christensen said...

Oh my gosh Emily...SOOOO funny! I started laughing so hard when I read that one. I hope Chase had a great birthday, I was going to call to talk to him yesterday, but I figured you were with the fam ;) Hope everything is well! MISS YOU AND YOUR FAM!

Grandma Martin said...

Spencer...Why does this not surprise me...You are the greatest...Love Mom

Anne Marie said...

That is sooooo Spencer. I'm sure his cookies were tasty. I'm glad the class enjoyed them.

Amy said...

You nabbed a smart thinker in Spencer. It is nice to see he has gotten a little of my brain capacity as he as gotten older!