Wednesday, April 23, 2008

CAST FREE!!!

HALLELUJAH! After a little over 2 months, Gavin finally got his cast off last Thursday, April 16th. He was so excited to be getting rid of it so he could get back to his usual activities/mischief. After they cut it off they x-rayed his leg. The bone is a little crooked but they said it should straighten itself out over the years. They said he may have a limp for like a year. I know, it's so sad. I had brought him his other shoe, thinking he would just hop skip and jump right out of there but he wanted me to carry him out. When we got home he went back to crawling around and using his crutches. The doctor said he might need to go to physical therapy, but we are trying to work with him on our own first. He's slowly getting better. The first thing we did when we got home? Soaked in the bath for a good 30 minutes and then moisturized his leg with a ton of lotion. We're glad to be cast free for a LLOOOONNNGG time! (fingers crossed)

Let's go!

It's a good day!

He was so excited, he laughed the whole time they were cutting it off!

Our last time in this doctor's office? Hopefully!

Wade, waiting so patiently

He went back to using his crutches... poor kid!

4 comments:

Ashley Christensen said...

YAY!!! Finally got the cast off! It's about time! That poor kid! Ok soooo pretty much my Sunday's are free. The only Sunday I won't be here is May 25th when I'll be in Texas. I just called you but I got the answer machine, YOU call ME when you aren't busy haha

Amy said...

Poor Gav!! I remember how it felt when I got my arm cast off after 8 weeks. You don't have ANY strength in it and I couldn't bend my elbow for about a week. You lose that extra stability that you get used to...GOOD LUCK GAV!! We are rooting for you!

Angela said...

Look at his skinny little legs! Hopefully it won't take too long to build back the muscle. He surprised us with using his crutches, I bet he surprises us and starts using that leg just like he use too. Good luck Gavin!

TimAprilA said...

Poor thing... well at least its off now im sure he will be running in no time!
April