So far in our process of remodeling our house we have finished Spencer's garage/oasis, and Chase's bedroom. Both turned out really well so we are on to the next room... the master bedroom. We had big plans to take the boat out for Memorial Day yesterday, but since the weather has been horrible we went with plan B (what we have been putting off), work on the house. The master bedroom in this house is small and didn't have much closet space or a big enough bathroom. So we knocked out the wall between the master bedroom and another bedroom to make the room bigger. We also knocked out the existing bathroom. Spencer framed in a door between the 2 bedrooms and the far bedroom is going to be our master bathroom and closet. When we moved into the house a year and a half ago the master bedroom had been painted hot pink, this included the popcorn ceiling. So the pink must go. Spencer has promised me that the room should be finished in about 2 months. I have to admit, I'm a good sport but it's getting old sleeping in the front room surrounded by our dressers and clothes. While Spencer and my brother Ryan (thanks Ry) were working on the room I took advantage of the day and cleaned. By the end of the day we were spent but the boys were full of energy from being locked up all day. We went to dinner and then Outdoor World. Maybe not the funnest vacation day, but a productive one!
Beautiful hot pink ceiling!

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER
8 comments:
I can't wait to see the finished project. I hope all goes as scheduled.
WOW. That's nice. Who in the world would paint their room that color. Sorry, if you like pink but it's not my favorite color, especially that shade of pink. And I can't picture your husband liking it very much.
I hope the remodel goes quickly for you.
Looking good. I KNOW that it will turn out amazing. However...I don't know if I would change that color, I am sure they had to special order it mixed because I have NEVER seen anything QUITE like it before! You had better remember to post the complete finished product!
Way to go Spencer!!! I can't wait to see the finished product...Love Momjqflnz
I can't believe that Spencer hasn't already painted over the pink walls. Warren wouldn't even have let me buy the house if saw that the bedroom was pink. I am excited for you to get a new room. Hopefully it will be done when expected.
Wow... that is a BIG WORK project!! I feel for you... But Im sure he will get it done... I would hate to have to live in the livingroom too, but it will be well worth the wait!! im sure it will be fantastic when you get to sleep in your OWN room!!! WAy to go !!!!!
I am going to have to agree with Amy and say that you should hang on to that color. When I was looking for pink paint for Lydia's room I never came across such an incredible shade as that one! And painting the ceiling too...what an idea...One that I have't thought about!!
Post a Comment