Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wishful Prayers

Photobucket

Let me start by saying that I am NOT pregnant. Here's why I mention that... about 2 months ago Chase and Gavin started asking me if we could have a girl baby. They said that Wade really needed a baby sister and they did too. So they asked me how I could get a baby girl in my tummy. Uhhh... I deferred that one to Spencer and he totally blew it. Thank goodness the boys didn't understand a word of what daddy was telling them. Finally I just explained to them that Heavenly Father helps mommy to have a baby in her tummy (good enough for now). Last Sunday Chase's teacher said that he answered a question in primary about how his parents help him, his brothers, and his SISTERS. They thought that was cute, since he doesn't have any sisters. So for the past month Chase and Gavin have been praying to Heavenly Father, "Bless that mommy can get a girl baby in her tummy." It's so sweet really, but if there is ever another baby for us we will be happy with what comes, hopefully the boys will be too!

6 comments:

all that i love said...

That is a really funny story. I guess I don't have to worry about my kids asking for a brother or a sister because I already have one of each and they fight all the time. I am not looking forward to the day I have to give the "Birds and the Bees talk". Warren will probably cut straight to the chase sparing no details and scare our poor kids.

Holly and Brad said...

I'll keep that in my prayers as well :) I am so sad, but we aren't going to be able to make it to Grandma Lauritzen's birthday/reunion. Tickets for that week are sooo expensive, since its July 4th weekend, and with Erin's wedding in San Diego on August 14th we knew that a)we wouldn't be able to pay for both and b) that Brad wouldn't be able to get the time off for both. I am soo sad! I would have loved to have seen everyone! But I am guessing I am going to see you at Erin's wedding anyways, so at least I have that to look forward to. So for now, we will see you guys in August! Have fun at the reunion...I WISH we were within driving distance!

Angela said...

That is fun...Zeth prayed for a sister and he got one! When I got pregnant with Abby he told everyone that it was a sister, we tried to tell him that it might be a brother, but he would get mad and say that it was a sister. Sometimes they know more than us!

Amy said...

Well I guess it is time to get started...the kids seem to know before we do. I think it is because they are fresher from above.

Anne Marie said...

Very cute! I hope their wishes are granted.

Unknown said...

Everybody should have at least one girl. Good luck with that.