The kids came outside and got their dads and took them inside. Chase found Spencer a seat and then he went to get him a rootbeer float. Spencer said that everyone else was having their own rootbeer float but Chase only came back with one rootbeer float (and Spencer said he must have picked the smallest one) and told Spencer "Let's just share our rootbeer float." Spencer tried to talk him into his own, but Chase really wanted to share. So they took turns sipping on their rootbeer float. Thank goodness Mrs. Gotschall came by to see if everyone had gotten a rootbeer float and Spencer informed her that he didn't get his own so she brought him another one. Off to a great start right?! Then Chase gave Spencer a picture magnet that he had made and a letter. Here is what Chase's letter said as he spelled it... Dear Dad, Dad I love you. I like playing Playstayshen. You are the best dad. I love you. Love, Chase. Then the kids all put on a tie that they had colored and a fake mustache and sang some songs for the dads. Then they went through all the kids and said why they love their dad, Chase said he loves his dad because he plays Star Wars Legos with him. After that the dads had to pick out which picture their child had drawn of them off the board. On the back of the picture were some statistics that the kids wrote about their dads. Here are Spencer's stats according to Chase:
Name: Spencer
Weight: 11 pounds
Height: 2 feet
Fav. color: Red
Fav. food: Chicken
Fav. sport: Supercross
Hobbies: Work
He likes to: Take the boat out
When Spencer walked in the door I asked him about the party and he said one word..."Priceless!"
(And yes, I made them wear matching outfits for the occasion)
The invitation
Enjoying time together
Picture magnet for daddy
Do I look just like daddy?
Portrait of daddy... by Chase
Sharing a rootbeer float




3 comments:
Very, very cute!! I love that you made them match. What a fun idea!
That's cool. In Charlotte the girls school had dad's and donuts. The dad's would come to school early with the kids and have donuts and read books.
I love it. I can tell you that his teacher is going to be a HARD act to follow!!
I bet it was one of the best things about Spencer's week. Aren't kids the best????
Post a Comment