Wednesday, June 18, 2008

To the Best Dad Ever...

Happy Father's Day Spencer!

We had a wonderful Father's Day weekend. We decided to go to dinner Friday night to celebrate so we headed off to 'On the Boarder' for dinner. Some of the best mexican food I've ever had. I'm not sure how relaxing it was because the company we brought (our 3 boys) were especially full of energy. Saturday Chase had a swim meet and then we headed right off to a family birthday party. On the way home we had to make a few stops for the Father's Day program and handouts that I was in charge of for church... 20 Marie Calendar's pies, and 150 m&ms that I needed to make into bowties. When we got home it was already getting late so Spencer and Chase cut and tied ribbons on 150 m&ms to make them look like bowties. I got up early Sunday morning to make Spencer breakfast then we were off for a BUSY day at church. I have to admit I was a little stressed and of course it was Spencer to the rescue! Everything went well at church and then we went to my mom's for a barbecue with all the family. We had an eventful day and I couldn't have done it without my sweet husband.

Spence, thank you for taking such good care of us. We know that you work hard to provide for us. We are so proud to call you our dad. We love you SO much!







16 reasons we love our daddy...

1. He has a great sense of humor

2. He naps with us

3. He coaches us

4. He taught us how to waterski

5. He holds the Priesthood

6. He loves our mommy

7. He is strong

8. He can fix anything

9. He has picnics with us

10. He plays games with us

11. He gets wild and crazy

12. He feeds us

13. He bakes with us???

14. He takes us hunting

15. He plays legos with us

16. He gives us bear hugs

Love, Chase, Gavin, & Wade

Also...

Happy Father's Day to our dads
Paul and Verne
We love you!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Those are the cutest pictures!!! It sure makes Spence look like a great guy! I am proud to say his is family. Good job Spencer, on being a great Dad. Emily--you do an awesome job on your blog and keeping us up to date.

Anne Marie said...

You are soo good about taking lots of pictures of anything. Thanks for sharing!

Hemphill Family said...

That was sweet. Spencer seems like a great guy.

Grandma Martin said...

Spencer...I am so proud of you too...You are really special...I love you so much!!! Love Mom

TimAprilA said...

You are a lucky WOMAN!!
He is such a great guy!
Its so nice to see that in a person!

Amy said...

You did get a great guy in Spence. My one question is on the "he is crazy" did he hit his head on the ceiling?? Because I HAVE been around him for quite a few years and I know that usually when he is being crazy something REALLY good happens which makes it even funnier to be watching!!