I am currently serving in the Young Women's program at our church and so this past Sunday night I was at a youth fireside. This of course allows Spencer the opportunity to watch the boys. When I got home from the fireside Spencer pulled me into our room to share a conversation he had with Chase while I was gone. Spencer was sitting on the couch and Chase came walking into the room and sat on the couch next to Spencer and here's how the conversation went...
Chase: "Well, it works."
Spencer: "What do you mean? What works?"
Chase: "Prayer. It really works."
Spencer: "Why do you say that?"
Chase: "Because, I lost the little goggles to my lego guy so I went back to my room and knelt down and prayed to Heavenly Father. I said that I was sad that I lost the goggles and could He please help me find them. When I opened my eyes they were on the carpet right in front of me. So I guess it really works."
*I love these little moments when we get to witness our child's testimony growing.
16 years ago




6 comments:
Those are the moments we all hope for! Congrats on the big news. I hope you are feeling better.
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! That is sooo cute! Honestly, the closest I've gotten to this was seeing the kids in my group at efy, and how their testimonies grow. If I was touched by them, I can't imagine how I'll be when I see it in my own children. DANG GIRL!!! Congratulations on baby #4!!!! I'm soooo excited for you! If you ever just need a break/time to yourself, please don't hesitate to call me. I would LOVE to come take the boys, or even just come over and play with them while you rest. Let me know!!!
So sweet! It's amazing how quickly the kids pick up on the things we teach. I guess they really are listening!
Dang it! You just got me all teary-eyed reading this post. It caught me off guard. Glad to know that his testimony is growing . . . along with your belly. :)
That is so precious! I love how simple things are for the kids! Sure amkes me think about my faith!!
Post a Comment