Monday, September 8, 2008

1st Day of School

Wednesday, September 3rd was Chase's first day of school. He is now in first grade and was very excited to get back to school to see his friends. Spencer and I took him to school and got him all situated in his classroom. We were just lingering there with the rest of the parents when all of a sudden his teacher said, "Okay, say goodbye to your parents." I wasn't quite ready to leave my boy there, but I knew I had to. I fought back the tears and waved to Chase and walked out of the room. Chase has a wonderful teacher and we are excited for him to continue his education and make lots of new friends.

Top 3 reasons Chase is excited to be in 1st grade:
1. He gets to be back with all his school buddies.
2. He gets to play on the big playground.
3. He gets to eat in the cafeteria.





3 comments:

all that i love said...

Parker starts preschool today and I am really ready for some quiet time around the house. Even if it is only for a couple hours. It has been a crazy and busy summer here in our home. I do have to admit that I am a little sad to see him grow up and get more independent each day, but it just means different adventures. Your boys are so cute and it is great that both you and Spencer could both be there to support him on his first day of school.

Anne Marie said...

It's always sad on the first day. It means the end of summer and the beginning of homework again. He looks so handsome!

Brooke said...

AWWWWWWW I had Mrs. Primer for first grade tooo! That is so cool, I can't believe she is still teaching! Wow!