Monday, September 8, 2008

Up for the Challenge

So, I have to reiterate that the main reason I do this blog is because I have found it is the easiest way for me to keep up on our family journaling. I post things that I want to remember long after my kids have grown. With that being said... We have a tradition that Spencer gives the kids a blessing before school starts. So on Tuesday night, the night before the first day of school, Spencer gave Chase a blessing. I have to admit that I peeked a few times to see if Chase was taking this seriously. He sat through the whole blessing with his eyes closed, arms folded, and he seemed to be listening intently. Among other things in the blessing, Spencer told Chase that he shoud seek out others at school that might not have friends and be friends with them. So the next day I picked Chase up after his first day of school and like a true parent I was grilling him for every little thing he had done that day. After a while he told me that at recess he saw a kid that was all by himself. So Chase went up to him and said "Do you want to play?" And the boy said yes, so they played together. Chase told me that he was very nervous when he was walking up to the boy. I told him that I was very proud of him for listening to daddy's blessing and for doing what he was asked to do. Chase is such a sweet boy. We are blessed to have him in our family. He always brings us much joy!

4 comments:

all that i love said...

What a brave kid. I would never have the courage to walk up to a total stranger and ask them if they wanted to be my friend. We have also started the tradition of giving the kids blessings the night before school starts. At age 5, I'm not sure that Parker was paying too much attention to what Warren was saying. Some day when my kids are older I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Hemphill Family said...

What a good kid. He must have good parents! =)

Erin said...

isn't it great that we have the preisthood in our homes. Paul gave both kids blessings for school and I am so grateful for that! What an awesome kid you guys have raised! It is hard to make friends-it is so neat that he took it so seriously!

Angela said...

You gotta love soccer!!! We had a little break because Zeth got so involved with wrestling last spring that he did play soccer and he didn't sign up for it this year. But I am sure that by next Fall we will be starting all over with Kyler. That is one reason not to have boys 10 years apart... you think that you are done with things and then they just start all over again!!!