Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Soccer Season is Here!

Soccer season is in full swing now. We've been practicing and Saturday was the first game. Gavin is so excited to be old enough to play this year. Unfortunately Chase and Gavin's games were at the exact same time. So since Spencer is the coach of Chase's team, he went with Chase and I went with Gavin. We were so bummed to not be able to go to both games. Spencer said that Chase did very well and even got a couple breakaways. Chase's age is much more competitive, they have goalies and a referee. We are proud of him for working hard. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from Gavin since it was his first year and first game. So when he scored the first goal of the game I was so happy for him that he got to score a goal in his first game. Then he scored another goal, and another... he ended up scoring 7 goals! His coach told him to help the other players on the team so Gavin would set the ball up so the other players could score. I think the poor kid sat on the sidelines too long watching his older brother play! He knew exactly what to do, and so he was much more aggressive than the other kids. I can't wait to see his next game. Now Wade on the other hand, he is not thrilled about taking his turn on the sidelines until he is old enough. That morning when we were getting the boys dressed, he threw a fit until we would put one of Chase's old soccer jerseys on him. Hopefully this next Saturday I will be able to get pictures of Chase's game too! Go boys!





4 comments:

all that i love said...

It looks like the boys are having so much fun. I am looking foward to putting Parker in a few recreational activities this next year. There are so many neat things he can do now that he is 5.

Erin said...

I really dislike when they put games at the same time! Hello we want to be at everything!! How cool that Spencer gets to coach and they both get to play! Very COOL!!

Anne Marie said...

That's hilarious about Wade. It seems like he is a big boy in a little body. Good job Gav!!! We want to come see Chase and Gav play also. Maybe we'll figure out a day where we can see each others. Lots of fun!!!

Amy said...

I love swarm ball...I am sure Gavin is great at making a break as he has lots of practice from home with 2 brothers. It will be fun to see Chase's pics too. It has been fun seeing Jared learn how to actually play "real" soccer throughout the years.