Saturday, October 18, 2008

Family Date Night

Last Friday, Spencer called me up while he was at work and asked if we wanted to go on a Family Date. Of course! We looked forward all day to daddy getting home so we could go on our date. First he took us to dinner at P.F. Chang's. It was the first time we had taken the boys there. They were really excited to learn that they were going to eat with chopsticks. They were really good sports about trying all the food. They even liked the lettuce wraps appetizer. The food was really good and the boys informed us they want to eat there every night for dinner!

Fun with chopsticks





After dinner we went bowling. We haven't been bowling in a long time and the boys have been asking to go so they were really excited. We had a few near tragedies including Wade wanting to be in our way when we swung the ball back, Wade running halfway down the lane and slipping onto his buns, and Wade bowling his ball down the guy's lane next to us. But all in all, we had a very fun night!

Daddy and Chase setting up the scoreboard

We're ready to bowl!

Chase would start way back and get a running start and then roll the ball when he got to the line. He was very fun to watch. He definitely was the fastest bowler!


Gavin was pretty crazy as you can tell by his form. Good thing for the lane blockers or else Gavin's ball may have ended up a few lanes down!



Wade had such a good time with his 'cheater ramp'. In between his turn to bowl it became a slide. Infact, Wade did so well he ended up being the winner of our game. Maybe next time I should use a cheater ramp.




Daddy was a really good bowler with perfect form!


9 comments:

Angela said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. It is always fun to "surprise" the kids and take them somewhere fun. I enjoy the Family Dates a lot too. The chopsticks must have been a hoot!

TimAprilA said...

That sounds like so much fun!!
By the way CONGRATULATIONS....!!!!
I forgot my password and login info on this... hahaha typical me. so I finally found it and now I can write you again. SO TIm and I are moving into a house in DECEMBER... Im so excited.. we looked everywhere out here but there was nothing we wanted in our price range so were going with San Jacento. we still havent found the right one but we found the area...
So #4 BOY... that is such a blessing... Id like to get together with you sometime... for lunch next week just to catch up. let me know if that works for you.. Its been a long time since weve talked.
Love ya april

Anne Marie said...

Looks like lots of fun! Oh the fun things Wade does. He is a crack up.

Amy said...

Super FUN!! Bowling used to be something that we did ALL the time as a family. I will tell the truth and say that I was the worse, but mom taught Spencer some nice form. I am sure that Wade made it hilarious...hopefully he helped the neighbors score out some!

Grandma Martin said...

Just watching you guys brought back great memories...Spencer always loved to go bowling...It was always a fun night together...Looks like the tradition continues on...I love you guys and miss you all so much...Love Grandma Utah

all that i love said...

I love P.F. Chang's. We haven't been there in a long time since the closest one is about 30 minutes away and I'm not sure the kids would even like the food. It is fun that you guys have "Family Date Night". We should take the kids bowling sometime soon. Parker would love it, but I worry about Haley. She may be too young. She would probably love it, but it could be dangerous with her and a bowling ball.

byers babes said...

How fun! Your boys are so stinkin' cute with their hats. I love that you are having another cutie!

TimAprilA said...

HI Em
Sorry you have to deal with some sick boys thats not fun at all.
at least your not sick ...
I thought it was time I posted some blogs again and get caught up.
this time I wrote my password down and login name down somewhere where I will remember.
As far as us Moving Im so excited to finally get our OWN home. Were moving to San Jacento. Where we can get a 2006 4 bed 3 bath 3 car and a big lot size place for under $175,000.oo those are the ones we have been looking at there all newer homes.. for a great price.and the area isnt too bad its a little far from here but not too bad its in the middle between his folks and mine.
If you have anytime in Dec free... would you like to come and help gift wrap some toys for the ADOPT-A-FAMILY?? If not thats ok I totally understand, I was just thinking it could get you out of the house for a bit... just let me know.
well I guess Ill talk to you later Ill call you sometime this weekend to see if you can go for lunch sometime..
Love april

Ashley Christensen said...

I love love love your kids!!! They're so cute!!! And of course, what would be a night without a few interesting events right?? Haha Spencer was so sweet to do that...I like the idea of "family dates"...cute! I hope you are feeling well Em! Miss ya!