This past Saturday I was able to attend the sealing of a family member in the Los Angeles Temple. Crazy story (that I'll shorten) growing up we would often get together with my grandma's sister (mom's side) and her kids and their families. None of them are LDS. We would have a great time with them and they are wonderful people. Ofcourse as we got older it was harder to get together with them. So we hadn't seen them in many years. My mom thought we should get together with them and we were all excited to see them again. A little while later she got a letter in the mail from who would be her cousin's daughter. She was saying that she had been baptized into the LDS church a year ago and was currently planning her sealing in the temple. She never knew that we were LDS and was excited to find that she had family who were LDS also. Anyway, this was the sealing I was able to attend. I believe she is my 1st cousin once removed?? Whatever that means. She's family. She looked absolutely beautiful and I was happy to be able to witness her sealing. Chase and Gavin had soccer games that morning so Spencer and I had to split up. We decided it would be easiest to split the kids 2 with him and 1 with me. So somehow I got stuck with this guy...
I was happy to be able to take Wade to the temple with me and greatful for my brother Gary who watched him while I was in the temple. We had to wait a while for the couple to come out of the temple doors, so Wade was kind enough to entertain everyone there...
"Hi everybody!"
Let's see, I bet I could slide down this thing.
It worked!
The happy couple finally made it out and Wade's spotlight was over.
It was nice to spend the day with Wade.
While the professional photographer was taking pictures, Wade thought it would be fun to take some pictures by himself...
Michelle, baby Valerie, and me

Darryl
Michelle and baby Valerie
Grandma
Anne Marie
I had to keep a close eye on Wade because he kept wanting to pick 'flowers' (leaves) for everyone.
I have to admit, there was another motivating factor that got me out to L.A....
Sprinkles Cupcakes (there's a store down the street). Ahhh, Heaven! And don't ask how many of these I've eaten myself, cause I'll lie!
3 comments:
Hey Sista. The bride is in my parents' ward - my dad interviewed them for their temple recommends, and said that he could see her testimony and strong faith in her eyes.
It was nice of you all to be able to be there for her. :)
That is so neat.. SHe looked beautiful.
And you dont look that pregnant in that picture!!!!! you look great...
WADE is so cute... he is so much fun im sure!
Wade is adorable and those cupcakes look really good. I will have to have one on our next visit to California.
Post a Comment