Last Sunday I was released from serving as the Young Women's President at church. It was definitely a bitter-sweet moment because I have really enjoyed my time working with the girls in our ward and really love them. But our Bishop, through the help of the Lord, realized that this was going to be difficult for me with another baby coming soon. I am grateful for the time that I was able to serve, but I am also grateful for the time I will now be able to devote to my boys and the new baby. Spencer has been more than wonderful through all of this and always had the kids while I was at mutual, meetings, and many other things that I did to fulfill my calling.
Last Tuesday was our Young Women in Excellence. It was pretty stressful to plan and carry out, but everything went well and the girls did a great job presenting their projects. Our theme was Young Women in Excellence Pageant... Miss Excellence, so we presented the girls with a crown and a rose. Chase and Gavin dressed up in their suits and took turns escorting the girls down the homemade red carpet. The whole night was a success and a perfect way to end my time in Young Women's.




4 comments:
Crowns...glitter...a red carpet...smells like Emily!!!
It looks like it was SO much fun. I love the idea! Congrats on the release. I think both you and mom are having a little less stressful week d/t calling releases.
That's such a great idea! Looks like they all had fun!
Wow... you really went all out. Im sorry to hear that you had to step down, again like you said you will have more time with your family now. Its not like the girls are going anywhere I know they will never forget all you have done for them... you are a special person...
It took me a minute to find you. You blend in with them. Looks like they loved you. What a great day. I agree with Amy Morris....The show said you all over it. LOL
Post a Comment