Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Letters to Santa

About a week ago Chase asked me if he could write a letter to Santa. Of course I said yes, so I got him some paper and this is what he showed me when he was finished...

Translation: I been good so can you please can you give me a control helicopter please.
Then Chase asked me for an envelope to put it in. He wrote To: Santa From: Chase on the front of the envelope. He has been asking me everyday if we can send it in the mail to Santa. Does anyone know Santa's address? I need it please.

Almost everyday at school Chase has to write a little journal page answering a question from the teacher. Today's question was 'What do you like about Christmas?' We must be doing something right... I was so proud of him for mentioning baby Jesus...

And of course there's Chase in his bed dreaming about pirates as Santa leaves presents. :)

8 comments:

Allison Holmes said...

LOL that is so sweet!

Anne Marie said...

Cute!

Side note: Kira and Brayden both wrote letters to Santa last year and also wanted to mail them. So we did. I think the post office has someone in their office who devotes all her(or his) time to sending pre-printed "From Santa" letters back to all the kids. Just have a return address on it and the kids will get one. It was fun for them to get their letters from "Santa"! Hope this helps.

Meghan said...

The post office has a special outgoing mailbox for letters for Santa :)

Michelle said...

We sent our letters to Santa to my parents address and my dad is going to write them back pretending to be Santa. They'll never know, that's the great thing about it.

Erin said...

Macy's Stores have a special red mailbox for Santa Letters, and every left put in a $1 is given to charity!
Very cute how he wrote it!!

Cassandra said...

So cute! I remember writing a letter to Santa in first grade...and I got a letter back! I'll always remember that! Your blog is so cute!

TimAprilA said...

Chase is so sweet...I love his little letters to santa... that so neat.. hopefully you get those letters sent in and they recieve one back that wil be neat,

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I always mail them to my mom, and she saves them for me to keep in their books. They feel it's been sent, and I always get their cute hand written letter back. The only catch is, I have to make sure they don't see the envelope, because they know my mom's address. I address it...To Santa...but some how they've managed to memorize her address from going there so much, I guess. :) It's a fun game.