We went to our ward party last night at the church. It always seems that everyone comes out of the woodworks for the ward party and dinner. So by the time we got there(yes we were a little late) there was no place to sit and the food was sparse. So we put our vegetable tray on the food table and headed off to find somewhere to sit. We ended up stealing some lady's seat way in the back and I told Spencer to go see what he could scrounge up for the boys to eat. At least there would be vegetables right? He managed to scrape up a little food for the boys and even our veggie tray was almost gone at that point. So Spencer and I didn't get any food. :( We hurried and got Chase and Gavin dressed into their shepard costumes for the Nativity play the primary was going to put on. Unfortunately I couldn't get any decent pictures because we were so far back. But they looked really cute! The boys all got a chance to sit on Santa's lap and get a little bag of candy. We left the party with our empty vegetable tray, starving. So we decided to go to Denny's to get something to eat. Next year we'll get to the ward party an hour early!
WOw... that would suck.. .at least you guys had a nice time. There all so cute... Gavin is so funny.. I love his little pose with SANTA. You didn't look too happy... :) hahaha...
Well, at least you got a decent meal out of the deal. Ours was the same. We were there on time, but waited until the line went down on the food, and a lot of it was already gone. I guess when there's free food, everyone doubles up on their plates. :)
Well, our party had enough food, but I was asked to play the piano for Santa to come out, and then I was in charge of the primary kids program, and then I had to take down the set, since it was my dad's. So, I was so busy the whole night, I never got to eat. The activity guy said, unsympathetically, sorry. LOL I stopped at McDonald's on my way home. And to think, I was actually looking forward to the ham dinner. :)
Also, totally agree, about the "woodworks" group. I have a hard time with that sometimes. I guess that would be very un-Christ-like. :) But, when there's not enough food for the "regulars", somethings wrong in the plan. LOL Glad to know you had a good backup plan. ha ha ha
We are the Nelson Family. We have 4 little boys... Chase 10, Gavin 8, Wade 6, and Ezra 3. We have a crazy household, to be expected with 4 boys! We love to be out on the boat, waterskiing, wakeboarding, riding bikes, and just finding new and creative ways to keep the boys busy!
4 comments:
WOw... that would suck.. .at least you guys had a nice time. There all so cute... Gavin is so funny.. I love his little pose with SANTA.
You didn't look too happy... :) hahaha...
It won't make your face look fat if you smile showing your teeth, I promise!
Well, at least you got a decent meal out of the deal. Ours was the same. We were there on time, but waited until the line went down on the food, and a lot of it was already gone. I guess when there's free food, everyone doubles up on their plates. :)
Well, our party had enough food, but I was asked to play the piano for Santa to come out, and then I was in charge of the primary kids program, and then I had to take down the set, since it was my dad's. So, I was so busy the whole night, I never got to eat. The activity guy said, unsympathetically, sorry. LOL I stopped at McDonald's on my way home. And to think, I was actually looking forward to the ham dinner. :)
Also, totally agree, about the "woodworks" group. I have a hard time with that sometimes. I guess that would be very un-Christ-like. :) But, when there's not enough food for the "regulars", somethings wrong in the plan. LOL Glad to know you had a good backup plan. ha ha ha
Post a Comment