Thursday, December 18, 2008

Spencer and his Canadian Goose


My lucky husband gets to go duck hunting every Wednesday and Saturday. It's something he grew up doing and he is enjoying hunting with his boys now. This past Saturday he ended up going by himself because there was too much mud from all the rain. He called me all excited on his way home to let me know he had shot a Canadian Goose. I of course had no idea what he was talking about, but I knew from his tone of voice that this must be good. He said they are very rare to shoot and all the other hunters were jealous. So we are very proud of daddy and his goose. Now what??? Well, currently it is in my deep freezer in the garage alongside some other ducks. Yes, that grosses me out and I do not eat the duck, but we always make sure someone eats the ducks (we've even given them to needy families). The goose will be stuffed and Spencer is going to hang it in his office out in his garage.



7 comments:

Grandma Martin said...

Spencer...I can see your ear-to-ear smile...I am so happy that you finally got your goose...I know you have wanted to shoot a Canadian Goose ever since you have been in high school...Congratulations!!! Love Mom

Hemphill Family said...

Lucky you. I think I would be OK with it if we were giving it away too.

Michelle said...

You guys are such evil animal haters, how dare you!!!!!!!!! :)

Anne Marie said...

That's great!!! He looks like a real hunter!:)

Amy said...

WOW!!!! Dave is REALLY jealous...he didn't know what was better looking...the goose or the gun. In Dave's words "HE HAS MY GUN!!!!". It is always good when your brother in law has the gun that you want but your wife will not let you get!

CONGRATS!! Are you going to eat it? One of my FAVORITE memories is you and Dave eating that DELICIOUS duck you shot...oh..does a goose still honk if you throw IT on the ground..or does it just make a thud like the duck did?? :)

Meghan said...

Holy Molly! Are you going to stuff that thing and put it on your mantel?

TimAprilA said...

Nice.... Good Job SPencer!!!!