Unfortunately I'm not talking about the baby, although you can call this my new baby too. I have been playing the piano since I was about 6 or 7 years old. I grew up with lots of music in our home and always dreamed of taking that tradition into my own family one day. When I married Spencer and we moved to Utah I was given an old antique upright piano. It was huge. It didn't have a bench and was not much to look at, but I loved playing it anyway. When we moved back to California we realized we would have to say goodbye to the piano because it was too big to move again. I had my sister's piano in our new home for about a year until she got married and then I had nothing. I really missed having a piano. After moving to a little bit bigger house 2 1/2 years ago we had the perfect corner in the house for a piano... someday. Well, for Christmas this year Spencer surprised me with a baby grand piano. It needed a few parts polished a little and so it was finally delivered today! I sat and played the piano for an hour and a half. Wade was late going down for a nap, I ignored my kids, Gavin even asked me at one point how long I was going to keep playing. We have already signed Chase up for piano lessons set to begin next Wednesday and he is so excited. I am so grateful for the sacrifice Spencer made to get this piano for our family and I am excited for the memories it will bring in our home.
Here he is...
9 comments:
Wow! That piano is beautiful. I am so jealous!!
I am so jealous. I'm jealous that you have such a beautiful piano and I'm jealous that you know how to play it. Both Warren and I would love a Grand Piano but know it really isn't in our budget just yet. Someday! We really want to have our kids take piano lessons starting at a young age since that is when they learn the best. We hope to find someone to give Parker lessons sometime this year.
Love the piano! Remember when you gave me lessons at your grandmas house?!
by the way - my husband owns a decorative paint company. His 2nd job would be remodeling our house. And just like your husband, he is doing most of it. I am excited to move in but am a little worried about living in the midst of the remodel (we arent finished). Looks like you survived it though :)
I will say that Angela and Rachel are here scrapbooking and I thought I would take a quick blog look...to my surprise I see MY CHRISTMAS gift was inadvertently delivered to YOUR house...strange...Rachel and Angela both thought the same thing.
ENJOY! I guess now we have another reason besides Disneyland to come and visit!
How beautiful! That's what I want too, but am happy for the old piano that we have. How exciting for you! p.s. I give piano lessons wink wink hehe j/k
Emily...I am so excited for you...I know how much you have missed having a piano in your home...What a great Christmas present...I am also excited for Chase to be able to take lessons...Love Grandma Utah
NICE! Good job Spencer.
Gorgeous!! I wish I knew how to play the piano. Hopefully one of my kids will! Congrats and enjoy!
He's beautiful! Chase will have so much fun playing.
Post a Comment