Uncle Ray is home! We have been anticipating the homecoming of my brother Ray. He was serving a mission for our church in the West Indies Mission (where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed). My parents and 2 of my brothers were able to fly over almost 2 weeks ago to spend time with Ray and check out his mission. They all got home Saturday and we were all eagerly waiting at the airport. The kids all had signs for uncle Ray...

My parents and Ryan and Gary came down the escalator first (Ray was a ways behind). The kids all ran to hug them and we had to tell them to get back in line so Ray could see their signs

We were quite the scene at the airport with all our kids and our signs and all the chaos with that. But when Ray finally came down the escalator it got really quiet. I knew we were all feeling the same thing. It was such a simple moment of feeling the Spirit.

And then all the kids ran to Ray and attacked him with hugs! (I'm not sure he even knew who some of them were.)

Then it was the adults turn to attack him with hugs. Check out the cute sign Michelle made for Valerie, she was born while Ray was gone.

My boys were so excited to see Ray

Ray with all his nieces and nephews (I think one was missing). I believe there were a total of 12 when he left... he came home to 17, and 2 on the way shortly!


Proud parents

That night we got together with family at the church for dinner to celebrate Ray's homecoming and Gary's farewell. We were all watching a slide show of Ray's mission as he narrated.

We took advantage of everyone already being together to sing Happy Birthday to uncle Brandon who turns 30 on March 10th, and Chase who turns 7 on March 9th. Chase was so excited about his Hot Wheels cake that he picked out!


My parents and Ryan and Gary came down the escalator first (Ray was a ways behind). The kids all ran to hug them and we had to tell them to get back in line so Ray could see their signs

We were quite the scene at the airport with all our kids and our signs and all the chaos with that. But when Ray finally came down the escalator it got really quiet. I knew we were all feeling the same thing. It was such a simple moment of feeling the Spirit.

And then all the kids ran to Ray and attacked him with hugs! (I'm not sure he even knew who some of them were.)

Then it was the adults turn to attack him with hugs. Check out the cute sign Michelle made for Valerie, she was born while Ray was gone.

My boys were so excited to see Ray
Ray with all his nieces and nephews (I think one was missing). I believe there were a total of 12 when he left... he came home to 17, and 2 on the way shortly!
Proud parents
That night we got together with family at the church for dinner to celebrate Ray's homecoming and Gary's farewell. We were all watching a slide show of Ray's mission as he narrated.
We took advantage of everyone already being together to sing Happy Birthday to uncle Brandon who turns 30 on March 10th, and Chase who turns 7 on March 9th. Chase was so excited about his Hot Wheels cake that he picked out!





6 comments:
Ray was a traveling assistant in the West Indies Mission. We love him and were so touched by your coming home photos. What a well-deserved honor for him. You will be pleased in the man he has become. Enjoy him and each other. What a terrific family.
President and Sister Robison
West Indies Mission
I love all the signs. Who wouldn't love to come home to such a great family.
That is crazy how Ray left with only 12 nieces and nephews and came home to 17.
I remember looking at the cake table a couple of times and seeing Chase standing there. I think he stood there for a good half hour. I think he was a little excited. :)
The signs were awesome! I do love the baby sign...so funny. I am sure the Lauritzen crew is a force to be reckoned with when you are all standing at the bottom of an escalator!!
Wow I can't believe how grown up Ray looks now...pretty amazing! It must have been great to have all of your fam together again.
Where is Gary going?
that is so awesome.... Especially that everyone got to go to the airport to welcome him home...!!!! Such a great family!!
Post a Comment