As I mentioned, my youngest brother Gary's missionary farewell was Sunday. He bore a wonderful testimony in church. It has been such a bittersweet weekend welcoming Ray home and saying goodbye to Gary. I have been fortunate enough to go to the MTC with each of my brothers to send them off. Unfortunately, with being scheduled to deliver this baby the day after Gary reports to the MTC we were not able to go. I am so heartbroken about that. It is such a neat experience, especially for my boys to see the example of their uncles leaving on their mission. So we went to my mom's house last night to spend a little time with Gary and say our goodbyes. We stretched the night out as long as we could until the inevitable... saying goodbye for 2 years. I'm not sure Gavin and Wade fully understood as they gave Gary a quick hug and said goodbye. Then it was my turn and I was very tearful and emotional as we hugged. When I finally pulled away I looked down to see Chase in line next with tears already streaming down his face. Gary picked him up and they hugged for quite awhile. When he put him down I wiped the tears from Chase's cheeks and hugged him. This was the first time I had seen Chase experience these deep emotions and it just broke my heart to see him so sad, but yet I was grateful for that little moment of Chase understanding the importance of serving a mission. My boys are very attached to Gary and they love him VERY much. We are going to miss him but we know that as we keep him in our prayers the Lord will keep him in His hands. Gary, God be with you til we meet again.
16 years ago




8 comments:
What a cute story about Chase. It almost made me cry.
What a crazy time for you and your family. Could you possibly fit anything else into your life right now?? Oh... I guess that will happen in a few days. GOOD LUCK! Can't wait to see the new addition to your family. I hope eveything goes well.
I can only imagine how you feel. I am so sad too. The other night at dinner one of the girls asked us who was going to take care of our home and our dog when we went on our vacations. We had every brother from Darryl to Gary take care of things for us while we were away. Now what? At least Mexico is not far away. Those of us who get desperate can just make a run for the border. Hope you are comfy and excited for Thursday. Much love my friend!
That entry made me tear up! Saying good-bye for that long is SO hard!! Even though its hard, you wouldnt want them anywhere else. Gary will be an awesome missionary!
Gary a missionary? You mean they don't stay 2 years old forever?? That's how I still picture him. What a wonderful and emotional time for your family right now. I'm sorry we missed you last week while we were in CA. We never did make it to Riverside. We stayed in Anaheim the whole time. And it seems like you had quite a busy week with your family. Hopefully you are feeling good. We can't wait to see your little guy! Have a great day!!
Wow, that post had me in tears. It also made me feel soooooo old. I only remember Gary being in diapers.
It is fun to see the picture of all your brothers - I need you to put a name under each of them so I know who is who!!! ;)
Thinking of you and the new baby!!
xo,
Ronda
So sweet.. and what a blessing for your boys- to see their uncles that they admire go and serve the Lord on their missions. Made me tear up too, it's awesome to see great young men in the making :)
I can't believe Gary is leaving tomorrow! It seems like he just barely graduated from high school.
They grow up so fast!
What an awesome moment to witness though with Chase and Gary..
It is so hard to say goodbye to a brother no matter the circumstance... we will be praying for him while he is away!!
Post a Comment